Sheltie doing indoor Frisbee, new Cat

Toffee's Mom

Forums Sage
Welcome home Whiskey, our new Family Member Cat. I love this guy so much already, it's just been two weeks oday since I rescued him from the SPCA... I picked him for his rakish good looks, sweetness and unflappable personality... Takes a special cat to be able to put up with a herding dog and a schizo kitty as Lilo is affectionately, but rightfully named, lol

Anyhow, I have always considered to be little bit more active in the disc dog world, even if T won't ever be a top dog there! It turns out I really do love it, lol
Toffee indulges me and we are building some value for the disc and for returning it fairly fast.
I am glad I didn't give up and just kept trying to make the Frisbee interesting etc
:fl

http://youtu.be/D9zuAGmv6YY

http://youtu.be/Up1_e2YQIIQ
 
Wow, what a great catch!!

You can chip teeth using a hard plastic Frisbee, though. Switching to a soft Nylon Frisbee will save their teeth and your wallet. We have three Nylon Frisbees of various sizes around the house and Zoey and Hannah LOVE to fetch them.

Also, kudos to you for adopting such a sweet kitty.
 
Wow, what a great catch!!

You can chip teeth using a hard plastic Frisbee, though. Switching to a soft Nylon Frisbee will save their teeth and your wallet. We have three Nylon Frisbees of various sizes around the house and Zoey and Hannah LOVE to fetch them.

Also, kudos to you for adopting such a sweet kitty.

This is a competition size Frisbee, it's the softest available and still allowed in competition :D
http://hyperflite.com/sofflitediscs.html

and who says Sheltie and cats can't get along... I love my big Whiskey! :D
 
Only a cat would lay down right in the middle of disc throwing. :cool: Whiskey is tooooooooooooooo cute-love that face and very fluffy tail. How's the other kitty doing with all this Whiskey everywhere ?
 
unimpressed lol

Only a cat would lay down right in the middle of disc throwing. :cool: Whiskey is tooooooooooooooo cute-love that face and very fluffy tail. How's the other kitty doing with all this Whiskey everywhere ?

He is my dream cat, I just lost my boss kitty in May and wasn't able to even think about getting another tuxedo cat who just simply couldn't live up to Boss kitty's legacy... but an orange fluffy one I won't have to worry ;) Whiskey is awesome!!
Him and Toffee as seen in video is no problem, I get a feeling they may even get along like best buddies some day, Whiskey is a bit sweeter than to Toffee Boss kitteh was :winkgrin:
I played a lot of 'Look at that' game with Toffee--everytime he looked at cat and didn't chase treats would rain from the sky, so he quickly associated the cat around with treats. He now tries to initiate play with Whiskey.. but Whisk is not sure how to play with a dog, lol
There WAS cat herding/wrangling going on for almost two weeks, they weren't allowed to meet, due to schizo kitty requirements lol She is super territorial and insecure... I did positive association games with her, fed her outside the door where Whiskey was, gave her treats and cat nip and pet him then her and then switch rooms a few times so they'd had to rest on each others blankets... Then when they did meet, I would try and interrupt the stare downs by just putting a pillow or a book or something between them so she wouldn't feel the need to suddenly explode.. but there were tense moments!!! Now I am fine and not worried anymore... she is still not impressed and has given him a few swipes in passing, but NOT dragging out fights and Drama which I was so worried about ... knock on wood :fl
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2304.jpg
    DSCF2304.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCF2275.jpg
    DSCF2275.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back
Top