Sheltie TV - Agility Edition: September 2010 CPE

Agility

Edan and I competed in our first outdoor agility trail. We did very well! 4 runs, 4 Q's, and 4 first place! We did manage to register on site for the Jackpot on Sunday because the trial wasn't full. The Judge talked me into it and the club allowed it (apparently it is their discretion according to the Judge). Unfortunately that run didn't go so well. I have video for that run but it's not uploaded yet. I'll add it later tonight or tomorrow.

The Paws On Agility folks were very nice and put on a very good trial. Our Judge, Jeff, was a funny, easy going guy; like most CPE Judges I've run under.

But, you don't want to hear about all that! You want to see Sheltie running on an agility course so, without further ado, here are Edan's videos.

First Run: Full House - Level 3
I needed 23 points in 40 seconds (35 to collect points and 5 to get to the table) to Q. I scored 30 points in 31.15). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU4MvS44Xa4

Second Run: Standard - Level 2
I needed a Q on this run to finish Level 2. I had 60 seconds to run the course and we finished in 52.72 for that final Q. He did run past the 3rd jump but that's not a fault in CPE. I'm not sure what happened beyond him getting too far ahead of me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNEyuCCc1WE

Third Run: Snooker - Level 3
I needed 30 points to Q and had 50 seconds to do it in. We finished with 38 points in 49.88 seconds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJbhDzHGvmQ

Fourth Run: Jumpers - Level 3
I needed to complete the course in under 48 seconds for a Q. We ran it in 40.49. I'm VERY proud of our handling in back right corner of the course where we had to run two pinwheels interlocked with one another. I put the distance work we've been working on for 8 weeks to use and BARELY moved from the center point from Jump to Tunnel to the next 4 jumps. Edan handled it PERFECTLY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKpHZtN19EM

There is the 5th Jackpot run but I'll post that and the details of my major handler error I did in the game tomorrow. My oops cost us the Q. Ah well. Not the first game I goofed up and it certainly won't be the last. But, more on that when I post it.

Until then, ENJOY!

Nice job but on your second Level 2 Standard run where Edan miss the 3rd jump was your fault. Your send hand keeps going up in the air and he cant see that high.Other than that great runs.
 
Congrats on finishing up your Level 2. :)

I have yet to watch the videos. Trying to catch up on yours and Ashley's runs. :) But work must come first. boo.
 
I figured I'd take a picture of my course maps for those of you who are interested:

The pictures should be in the order I ran the courses:

Full House - Course was for All Levels. (You need X points per level to Q in this game)

Standard - Level 2 course

Snooker - Levels 3, 4, 5, C; I run Level 3 (You need X points per level to Q in this game)

Jumpers - Levels 3, 4, 5, C; I run Level 3.
 
Last edited:
I figured I'd take a picture of my course maps for those of you who are interested:

The pictures should be in the order I ran the courses:

Full House - Course was for All Levels. (You need X points per level to Q in this game)

Standard - Level 2 course

Snooker - Levels 3, 4, 5, C; I run Level 3 (You need X points per level to Q in this game)

Jumpers - Levels 3, 4, 5, C; I run Level 3.

Cool--thanks for sharing!

Just curious--you have the same course, regardless of level? Does the level just differ base on points/time?
 
Just curious--you have the same course, regardless of level? Does the level just differ base on points/time?

It depends on the what Class and the individual judge.

For example:
For Standard I've seen Judges do a course for Lvl 1, Lvl 2, Lvl 3 and Lvls 4, 5, C. (In CPE you pretty much always see Levels 4, 5, and C grouped together.) I've seen Judges group Lvls 1 & 2 together.


The Full House game is usually all levels because its based on Points. For example, if you are Level 1, you only need to accumulate 19 points within the SCT. At Level 2, 21 points; Level 3, 23 points, etc. SCT is set by jump height. Small dogs (12" and under) get 35 seconds + 5 seconds to get to the table and stop the clock. Large dogs 16"+ get 30 seconds + 5 seconds to get to the table.

In Standard, SCT gets shorter the higher your level. They can combine levels because the scoring software will make the calculations based on the time for each level.

Does that answer your question? Or did I miss something?
 
Back
Top