I have 7 chickens, and I'm choosing a sheltie in part because I think I have the best chance of a good chicken/dog interaction. When I was a kid we had a sheltie who was a surrogate mom to our rabbits (who would literally run circles around her, then stand under her belly for shade!). Naturally, Sadie did some herding, too.
My plan is to get a puppy, and introduce him/her to the hens in a very controlled, gradual way. I figure if both the hens and the puppy have treats and lots of positives, we can work out a peace treaty.
Anyway, hopefully I'm not wrong! I love my chickens, so I hope I can make this work.
Hello Guest,
Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.