Shelties, Pancreatitis, Gallbladder Disease, & Commercial Food

So I'm flying to LA in a couple weeks and started pricing out Addiction in the 20lb (9kg) bags.

US - Chewy is about $44 with free shipping

Japan - $151 + shipping

As someone who imports and distributes product in Japan, I understand the added shipping costs, duties, etc but wow.....I will find room in my luggage for this.
 
Wow. I would contact Addiction customer service and ask what other options they have. Singapore is a big distribution center. I'm sure there are other international options too.
 
Wow. I would contact Addiction customer service and ask what other options they have. Singapore is a big distribution center. I'm sure there are other international options too.

Good idea, will drop them a line and post up what I find out.
 
Dr. Harvey's customer service is sending me samples of various flavors to try. They might have been swayed by my mention that I am sort of the go-to commercial food person for some sheltie groups. I wish I could afford to feed just the raw, but the best I can do is 1 kibble meal (Addiction Wishbone Pasture) and then 1/2 kibble and 1/2 raw dehydrated. Cubby & Melli are doing well this way.

I think I MAY have figured out what sets off the shepherd. Every food he has failed has had canola oil or another vegetable-type oil. Fish oils are not a problem. We shall see.
 
Nice! I just found out that Chewy can't ship the Kangaroo and apples Addiction to California because of some California law against it...the fun never stops!
 
Nice! I just found out that Chewy can't ship the Kangaroo and apples Addiction to California because of some California law against it...the fun never stops!

That's right, the ban in California on Roo products was renewed recently. Absolutely ludicrous law. Do you know anyone who can visit with a bag?
 
Wow. I have only used lamb and beef because my shepherd tolerates that well. Had no idea CA had a ban on kangaroo. Maybe our treehuggers here think it is "kangaroo rat" and those are a protected species for which they can seize your land and make it a "preserve".
 
...but but but, it's in dog kibble? Does it even qualify as meat at that point? Maybe I can find a local dealer that has it when in town.
 
Well....manufacturer said they would do some checking....then stopped responding. Meanwhile, I've just been bringing back 40lb bags of the kibble and 12-can trays of their various canned foods from LA. I still feel like it's worth the effort.

Based on how quickly it disappears, Sansa's favorite kibble seems to be the La Porchetta (pork) and Salmon. She loves the Salmon and "Black Forest rabbit" canned food the best. Most Japanese friends have taken a look at it and asked "have you tried it yourself?" (not happening but they're welcome to try)
 
Back
Top