Simba and Shoka agility update

simba14

Forums Regular
It's been a few months since Simbas last agility update. He was diagnosed with hip dysplasia in January so his future in agility was uncertain. After a long talk with his specialist we decided that continuing to train and compete in agility would be best for Simba at this moment in time. We only train for a few minutes a week and only compete at shows with lower heights. He isn't on any special medication for pain and other then his slightly wide gait he never limps or shows signs of stiffness. I have him along with my other dogs on supplements for joints. Here are some videos from his last show. I think it's clear to see from the videos how happy he is. I have been told he must be the happiest agility dog in the country :) :)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcuXWEDMlYXYghymad_ibmOwkqwF_Vy6F

Shoka is 19 months old now. He is still not ready to compete and his weave training has only really started properly in the last 2 weeks. It took a few months of trying one method to finally admit it wasn't working and move onto something else which he is much happier with and so am I. I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds for this little boy.

https://www.facebook.com/emer.page/posts/10155386288027176
 
wow- they both look great:yes:
and we all need to get more fit and run faster:winkgrin: or learn distance handling.....
I will never be able to keep up with Destin so I am trying to learn about distance........
 
WOW, Simba and Shoka look like they are having a BLAST! Great runs!!! You beat me... I could NEVER run as fast as you! You GO GIRL!
 
wow- they both look great:yes:
and we all need to get more fit and run faster:winkgrin: or learn distance handling.....
I will never be able to keep up with Destin so I am trying to learn about distance........

Thnak you :)
Wouldn't it be great if we could all be olympic sprinters haha!
 
Back
Top