Smart Dog Stupid Owner!

When I was traveling last month, I made a few very brief bathroom stops where I left the furkids in the car with the air on. With a Prius, the battery takes over, so the car is silent. Most folks didn't even notice them -- except the time Annie sat behind the wheel, with Layla in the passenger seat. They looked like Thelma and Louise!! :lol:

Same here. I only did it once and that was to grab some munchkins from dunkin donuts. My car was parked where I could still see Bailey from inside of the store. I have remote start, so I can leave my car running with the heat or air on and not have to leave my keys in the car. If some one or some dog steps on the gas or brake, it will automatically shut off.
 
It's 92 in San Diego today, 91 yesterday. I have the AC on at home all day (central) for the furbabies - wouldn't ever considering leaving them in a hot apartment, much less car!!
 
In my new car I can't leave the motor running and lock the car with the key, so it means in summer I can't leave the dogs in the car anymore (esp bad when I need to make toilet stops). If I had realised when I was looking at the car I would never have got it.

It means now I have to take the dogs out of the car and leave them tied up whenever I get out, and Deska pulls and wriggles if he knows he is being tied up - he has even developed a fear of public toilets! At one country put stop he got out of his harness and ran off - lucky only to an oval and caravan park. And another time a young girl told me off for tying my dogs up outside the supermarket in case they got stolen.
 
unconscious owners

I personally know of four people whose dogs died because of their
owners stupidity and lack of awareness.

Strangely all of the owners were educated and wealthy. I don''t get it either.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I leave saidy in the car if it's a short stop, very short and only if it's not to hot outside which isn't very often in NC right now and I always put a little water in her travel bowl for her while im gone.
 
Back
Top