PitterPatter
Forums Enthusiast
The Professor has a thread where he purchased some jerky that is made in China. Today I picked up a couple of bags of different treats. One is the Smokehouse Chicken Barz. Now they are stating that they are made in the USA. Both on the top and with a sticker on the bag. The last time I looked all their products were being made in China. Obviously the consumer has spoken by not buying products from China, so they are marketing their products with very notable visual clues as to being made in the USA.
So I come home and am reading the bags again, to make sure there is nothing I missed. One thing interesting is on the bottom it states "Made with 100% U.S.D.A. Inspected Chicken." So my question is.....
If you import the raw product from another country but finish it in the USA do you have to put where the product originally came from? The only ingredients listed are chicken and vitamin E supplement. I am wondering if this is a way to dupe the consumer. An excerpt from their web site does say "we do import some of our chicken treats from China. All imported chicken treats are extensively tested here in the United States by an independent laboratory. No product is shipped out until all lab test are back. In the many years we have been importing and testing these products nothing has ever been found that could be harmful to our pets."
Can you tell I am cynical?
So I come home and am reading the bags again, to make sure there is nothing I missed. One thing interesting is on the bottom it states "Made with 100% U.S.D.A. Inspected Chicken." So my question is.....
If you import the raw product from another country but finish it in the USA do you have to put where the product originally came from? The only ingredients listed are chicken and vitamin E supplement. I am wondering if this is a way to dupe the consumer. An excerpt from their web site does say "we do import some of our chicken treats from China. All imported chicken treats are extensively tested here in the United States by an independent laboratory. No product is shipped out until all lab test are back. In the many years we have been importing and testing these products nothing has ever been found that could be harmful to our pets."
Can you tell I am cynical?
