Snipped!

mcemily

Forums Enthusiast
On Friday, Lerwick was neutered. The surgery went well, and he is recovering quickly. In fact, he clearly doesn't know anything is amiss at all, given how rambunctious he is. It is very difficult to keep him quiet, as I know many of you have already experienced with your own pups post-surgery!:lol:

We've been using a variety of things to help keep him quiet and prevent him from licking, including crating him while we watch him like a hawk, giving him chewies to keep his mouth occupied (including a truly ridiculous bully stick), and sadly we had to resort to the Cone of Shame for those times we can't watch him closely, since he does lick the area if left alone. He doesn't fit well in his crate with the cone on, so last night for the first time since we brought him home in August, he got to sleep outside his crate for the night! We put the cone on him, and closed him in our bedroom with us. He was quiet the whole night and awoke us at the usual time, just like when he is crated.

Attached are a few post-op photos. Crated (and bored), bearing the Cone of Shame (and bored), and chewing on the bully stick (not bored). I will spare you the photo of him lying sprawled on his back in the crate, displaying his "war wound." :lol:
 

Attachments

  • Lerwick_postneuter1.jpg
    Lerwick_postneuter1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Lerwick_postneuter_cone2.jpg
    Lerwick_postneuter_cone2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Lerwick_postneuter_bully1.jpg
    Lerwick_postneuter_bully1.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Lerwick_postneuter_bully2.jpg
    Lerwick_postneuter_bully2.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 28
Pathetic!

Haha--glad to hear that the surgery went well. That second picture is just classic. :lol: (Don't tell him that I laughed at him!)
 
Lerwick says: "Oh, go ahead and laugh. Mom and Dad laughed right in my face! But it's ok, I got that awesome bully stick out of the deal. :biggrin2: They laugh at me when I drag that around the house, too, but I don't care. It scares the kitty, so it's extra fun!"
 
Hey Lerwick,

Milk it for all it is worth. When I got spayed, it sure gained me some super snacking and special up close and personal playtimes. Boy was my brother mad!!!!

The cone looks good on you, for a boy!!!


Harper Lee and her human pet, Kate
 
Back
Top