OK, so Beau is doing really, really well. A while ago his breeder suggested he learn some herding as a way to channel his energy and learn both control and movement (something he could definitely improve). I know nothing about herding. There is someone about over an hour away who teaches it, and I am thinking of going a few times although continuing herding would be difficult due to both the expense and the distance--I live very close to NYC and there are no farms around me LOL. I should add Beau was born onto a sheep farm so was around sheep until he was sequestered on my tiny lot at 8 weeks old.
Questions:
1) do I need to worry about brucellosis?
2) Is herding something you can just occasionally take a dog to?
3) Would it really help his control (he is getting much better but still has the lunge/bark for squirrels/rabbits/cars on walks thing going on sometimes)
Thanks for the input.
Pam owned by Beau 14 months
Questions:
1) do I need to worry about brucellosis?
2) Is herding something you can just occasionally take a dog to?
3) Would it really help his control (he is getting much better but still has the lunge/bark for squirrels/rabbits/cars on walks thing going on sometimes)
Thanks for the input.
Pam owned by Beau 14 months