Stinky bum - TMI problems!

Just got back from the vet, she said he had a fair bit of blood in the glands. There was probably an infection causing the leakage, she thinks. We got them expressed and a course of antibiotics.

A good dog butt is a butt I never have to explicitly think about beyond "what hilarious fluffy pants". Looking forward to a return to the non-stinky butt!
 
Easy enough to do yourself,but if you have never done it,have your vet or groomer show you.

As like Chris,I do all the pups here. With the first time,I found it a bit difficult to locate the glands. On Earnhardt,it easy easy peesy.

They are somewhat located at the 3'oclock & 9o'clock position.But some dogs vary.

Sounds like an inpaction of gland secrection. Hope you get it taken care of,cause stinky butts..whether it be dingleberry or not is no fun.

There are actually very good videos on Youtube on this very subject.
 
Easy enough to do yourself,but if you have never done it,have your vet or groomer show you.

As like Chris,I do all the pups here. With the first time,I found it a bit difficult to locate the glands. On Earnhardt,it easy easy peesy.

They are somewhat located at the 3'oclock & 9o'clock position.But some dogs vary.

Sounds like an inpaction of gland secrection. Hope you get it taken care of,cause stinky butts..whether it be dingleberry or not is no fun.

There are actually very good videos on Youtube on this very subject.

Oh boy! Let's get the popcorn!! :lol:
 
My parent's sheltie is 11 and has never had this problem. Yet anyways. :smile2:

I spoke too soon when I made this post. Literally two months later my mother reported that Milo always smelled 'like a butt.' When I was grooming him I noticed his rectum looked raw and sore. Because it looked sore I didn't want to try doing it myself, so my mother brought him to the vets.

As I suspected, impacted anal glands. He didn't need antibiotics and has been fine since. Or at least until the next time they get clogged. :rolleyes2:
 
Our previous sheltie had to have hers expressed every so often. The smell was awful. I would pay any amount of $$ to not do it myself. One time there was a new young vet with his nice freshly laundred lab coat on when we took her, unfortunately he had to get his lab coat laundred after cleaning Hollie's glands:ick
 
Back
Top