What was the best thing you learned, would you say?
I would have to say the best thing was how much the dog really has to multitask and think before he takes a jump. I had no idea! They have to think about where to take off, when to take off, look at their path, the next obstacle, keep you in sight, read your signals, should they power up or slow down to take the jump correctly and cleanly. It is amazing how much they have to multi task on course! Susan said that each extra stride that a dog takes, adds on 3/10s of a second to the run! So it is extremely important that they jump and run efficiently not only quickly and irradically. A dog should run the course and take obstacles at speed WITH thought. It was really amazing. I really liked how she compared dog jumping to horse jumping. It made soooo much sense.