labgirl
Forums Sage
Last month Merlin moved up to Starters Grade at T&A, so, yeah, at the moment we are noticing the difference in the difficulty of the courses! This is almost our last indoor show until the autumn (where does the season go?), going to be interesting getting back to running on grass!
Merlin
Starters Agility (5 faults, 3rd)
Ok, so I can't complain about this course because it was crazy easy! Not even a side change! The Elementary course was harder! Merlin ran lovely and held his DW contact, which we have been working on. Unfortunately he was a little fast for the weaves and missed the entrance, but he was awesome otherwise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPNnxu9puTM
Starters Jumping (E)
Not a nice course, too tight for Merlin now he is so drivey and used to distance work. He fell into both traps I predicted he would fall into! But got his weaves and worked fantastically (and yeah, my body language was not good, I think I helped direct him wrong).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIdo30_ZVY
Starters Triple A (E)
This was such a nice course and Merlin was going so well until I tried to blind cross on his wing wrap and he back jumped. Looking at the video, I think it is a training issue. He clearly thought the blind cross meant he should retake that jump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeAmZg9gFYY
Starters Helter Skelter (E)
This had a tricky start, which we managed to get through despite a hiccup from me when I forgot to front cross. We were nearly on the home straight when Merlin dived off right instead of left. I blame my handling as I was trying to front cross again and I think he read my shoulders rather than listened to the command.
No video of this one
Sparrow
Anysize Jumping (1st)
Yes, you read that right! Sparrow was amazing yesterday! She pulled out all the stops, fully focused on me and ran lovely. Just going clear with her is fantastic, but to be placed as well!!!! This course needed a front cross early on, and a sharp pull off from the tunnel. She did everything I asked.
Sadly no video.
Anysize Helter Skelter (1st)
Proving it was no fluke, Sparrow ran the same Helter Skelter course which Merlin was eliminated on smoothly and came clear again. Needless to say I was ecstatic! I wish there was a video of this, but it was the last class and most of my friends had gone. So you'll just have to take my word that it was fast and fab
Merlin
Starters Agility (5 faults, 3rd)
Ok, so I can't complain about this course because it was crazy easy! Not even a side change! The Elementary course was harder! Merlin ran lovely and held his DW contact, which we have been working on. Unfortunately he was a little fast for the weaves and missed the entrance, but he was awesome otherwise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPNnxu9puTM
Starters Jumping (E)
Not a nice course, too tight for Merlin now he is so drivey and used to distance work. He fell into both traps I predicted he would fall into! But got his weaves and worked fantastically (and yeah, my body language was not good, I think I helped direct him wrong).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIdo30_ZVY
Starters Triple A (E)
This was such a nice course and Merlin was going so well until I tried to blind cross on his wing wrap and he back jumped. Looking at the video, I think it is a training issue. He clearly thought the blind cross meant he should retake that jump.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeAmZg9gFYY
Starters Helter Skelter (E)
This had a tricky start, which we managed to get through despite a hiccup from me when I forgot to front cross. We were nearly on the home straight when Merlin dived off right instead of left. I blame my handling as I was trying to front cross again and I think he read my shoulders rather than listened to the command.
No video of this one
Sparrow
Anysize Jumping (1st)
Yes, you read that right! Sparrow was amazing yesterday! She pulled out all the stops, fully focused on me and ran lovely. Just going clear with her is fantastic, but to be placed as well!!!! This course needed a front cross early on, and a sharp pull off from the tunnel. She did everything I asked.
Sadly no video.
Anysize Helter Skelter (1st)
Proving it was no fluke, Sparrow ran the same Helter Skelter course which Merlin was eliminated on smoothly and came clear again. Needless to say I was ecstatic! I wish there was a video of this, but it was the last class and most of my friends had gone. So you'll just have to take my word that it was fast and fab



