Tangle Spray

I have the plush puppy "OMG Spray", J&J kids detangler, and baby powder. But I must say a simple brush with a bristle brush usually does the trick. Tully's breeder put me on to the bristle brush. The dogs also prefer it and I dont get the complaints now when I brush behind the ears. When there is a bit of undercoat caught I am finding the Furminator does well to get the last tangles out.
 
I guess I'm lucky I don't have much problem with the hair matting behind the ears:smile2: I just use a greyhound comb and plain water spray.
 
I guess I'm lucky I don't have much problem with the hair matting behind the ears:smile2: I just use a greyhound comb and plain water spray.



My little Megan gets brushed daily but she doesnt sit still for me at all. I usually have to make sure she has a treat in her mouth or some kind of "no no" thing to keep her occupied while I brush. Reading all the tips below will be great for when she has her full coat!

:smile2:
 
My little Megan gets brushed daily but she doesnt sit still for me at all. I usually have to make sure she has a treat in her mouth or some kind of "no no" thing to keep her occupied while I brush. Reading all the tips below will be great for when she has her full coat!

:smile2:

Same with Bailey. I have to hold a treat in one hand and the brush in the other. otherwise, she will attack the brush.
 
Same with Bailey. I have to hold a treat in one hand and the brush in the other. otherwise, she will attack the brush.

Well, that's definitely something to work on. I'm not sure exactly how I did it, but my boys only get their treats

1) When they come for their grooming. "Yes, good boy, now settle" Treat!
2) When they are done. "Well done, baby! Be free!" Treat!

I've never had them attack the brush, though I've had them squirm occasionally, mid-groom. But a loud "ah" normally gets them back under control.

"Ah!" is a magic word in our house which means: "Whatever you are doing, stop it now!"
 
Well, that's definitely something to work on. I'm not sure exactly how I did it, but my boys only get their treats

1) When they come for their grooming. "Yes, good boy, now settle" Treat!
2) When they are done. "Well done, baby! Be free!" Treat!

I've never had them attack the brush, though I've had them squirm occasionally, mid-groom. But a loud "ah" normally gets them back under control.

"Ah!" is a magic word in our house which means: "Whatever you are doing, stop it now!"

Our regular grooming time is in th evening,and its a ritual here. Trapp knows that he will be getting brushed,and does quite well,with very little squirming.But like you Barb,the word "Ah" seems to get his attention.

I totally enjoy this time of night with him,he is very relaxed,and even more so after,and is ready to snuggle in for the night after its all done. Plus he gets a small treat.
 
I bought Johnson's Buddies "easy comb detangler" (no more tears).

I sprayed it on the brush because I didn't want to get any in her eyes. It seemed to work REALLY well.

I ran my fingers through the fur behind her ears and I didn't feel any mats.
 
Back
Top