The Ears Experiement

Hello, I looked for the name in english in a Vocabulary Book, and it says Glycerine.....in spanish glicerina.....I never could imagined the good results I have obtained with it!!

And if you want to do a photograph session to your puppy you only need to wash him.....and its off in a second! it's only an oil, but it's magic! :wink2:

I have two 6 months puppies and the glue, the tape and the blue-tack never gave me a good result.....now I have the solution....thanks to my very proffesional breeder! Thanks to Lotta! :hugs
 
Glycerine is used for liquid gel pills, along with gelatin. It has many uses, but that's one I can think of off the top of my head. I have one medication that I take that says your body is supposed to absorb it better because it's just the medicine, glycerine, gelatin, and water. I'm not sure how it would be useful for getting ears to tip. It looks like glycerine oil is just used as a moisturizer.

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-64290/glycerin-mineral-oil-topical/details
 
How interesting! I've never heard of using glycerine or furniture pads but you can always learn something new, especially when it comes to those pesky ears. Weighting them down with something for a transitional period seems like a great idea.
 
From what I see, liquid glycerin softens the cartilage and makes the ears flop over. Not a whole lot of data really on that but that is the general idea.

Interesting.
 
I've heard of the glycerine, but haven't gotten around to trying it. It's one of two options listed by the Swedish Shetland Sheepdog Club, so Lotta would know about it! :wink2:
 
Someone somewhere suggested felt furniture pads and I thought I would give it a go.

It was actually the breeder friend of mine that has Baker's grandsire. She made the suggestion on FB, as a way to transition his ears from being glued/taped to being "free". It looks like it's working out great for Cubby!
 
You should see the collie people -- wow. Mixtures of cement, modeling clay (the kind that dries), asphalt blobs, plenty of gum and blue tack. Had no idea.
 
3/4" Diameter Heavy Duty Felt Pads - 60 Pcs (10 Pcs/Pad)
by Cleverbrand Fulfilled by Amazon. (Prime)

I see that this brand is definitely stickier than the one we got at a hardware store. Just in case anyone lurking out there wants to try it.
 
I think I'm going to try the Breathe-Right nasal strips... or a staple gun... :razz:

LOL - I had actually wondered why people don't do a temp earring piercing of the ears to keep them tipped.

Before I get turned in to the ASPCA - I was just jokingly wondering. When you consider how much time & effort is put into gluing/taping, redoing whenever it comes loose...one quick "snap" of the piercing gun at that kiosk in the mall and we're good! A simple little stud to keep the ear tipped for the first 12 months, then remove it & no visible signs of how your precious pup has the most perfectly tipped ears. :) again...I am LOL
 
Back
Top