The great southern blizzard

They have the insulation to do well in cold climes. I just make my dogs stay in though; scared of accidents if left out all the time....
 
Its hard to imagine what I see on TV in the south. We have had enough here as it is. Enough is enough of the white stuff.

Lucky and Lil' Lady love it. Lady lays right in the snow. Crazy sheltie. What is not good, they can walk in the back on the snow and don't even sink.

In our downtown they had to shovel the snow in dump trucks and take it away. The last two years we were spoiled and this came. I dislike the ice we
got and temps were ridiculous at times, wind chill was awful.

HA where is the Global Warming? Everyone stay save and warm.
 
Just remember Tv shows the worst and biggest whiners from 5 different angles :wink2: It is not nice but not close to what they try to tell you. To be honest the day of tornadoes we had a couple of years ago were FAR worse in real damage and hardship (likely a once in a lifetime event)
 
I feel for you all getting the weather you are not used to. This winter has been more like I remember as a child growing up in the 60's and 70's. We've had a few bad days here where I live in the Niagara area but there have been a lot of winds this winter. The town I used to live in north of Toronto has had probably 8 feet of snow so far and more further north of that. I dread when it starts to melt because there will be floods everywhere and then ice because the temperature drops. My guys don't mind the snow. I don't leave them out for long when it is really cold but I feel like Carlton the doorman at times - in and out, in and out.

Really hoping California gets some good rains this spring. I didn't realize it was so dire a situation until I saw a news report last week.

Stay safe everyone. Your dogs will survive, probably better than our minds will worrying about them.
 
I feel for you all getting the weather you are not used to. This winter has been more like I remember as a child growing up in the 60's and 70's. We've had a few bad days here where I live in the Niagara area but there have been a lot of winds this winter. The town I used to live in north of Toronto has had probably 8 feet of snow so far and more further north of that. I dread when it starts to melt because there will be floods everywhere and then ice because the temperature drops. My guys don't mind the snow. I don't leave them out for long when it is really cold but I feel like Carlton the doorman at times - in and out, in and out.

Really hoping California gets some good rains this spring. I didn't realize it was so dire a situation until I saw a news report last week.

Stay safe everyone. Your dogs will survive, probably better than our minds will worrying about them.
8' ! you could make an underground sheltie maze
 
So everyone has turned your dens or basements into agility and rally courses to keep the dogs busy?

I am training daily on the deck in sandals and a short-sleeved shirt looking at brown (not green) hills surrounding me.
 
Sheep - there was a father north of Barrie who made a luge track from his front door for 50 feet - it was amazing. In this town, a couple of weeks ago, there were 10' piles of snow at the driveways.

Here near where I live , there are ice caves created on the shores of Lake Erie. They are huge.

With mine - they are getting the ball thrown for them from living room to kitchen and we are playing hide and seek just to wear off energy. I don't have a basement, just a crawl space. Emma has been brave enough to follow me under there if she can't see me.:lol:
 
In our downtown they had to truck the snow out. I am across from the Indiana line, we are suppose to get more snow today and some tomorrow.

Between the snow and ice we might as well be in the North Pole. Next week its suppose to be warmer and rain. The shelties won't like that. Worse winter I can remember. Its the 7th worst winter since 1918, and yes I said 1918.

Stay safe!
 
Yeah, but I'm really sick of dealing with it. It can get warm any old time now.:dead:

I am with you it can get warm any time now!!!My brother and sister-in-law live in Georgia and they got it pretty bad.New England wasn't that bad till Feb. came.Three storms the first week two this week and another one to follow on Tues.but then they are saying 50 degree weather for next weekend.My wallet is taking a beating from having the plow guy come and plow me out.Can't wait for warmer weather and back sitting on the beach!!
 
Send it all to California, we will take rain, snow, anything. We had an 8 month summer last year. We would be happy to trade in some this spring.

BTW -- if YOU warm up, MY propane cost will go down too so I am all for that! We had a propane fill and OMG it was the highest we have ever paid ($2.95). I know, you all pay more, we are just thankful we have an amazing wood stove to help.
 
Back
Top