The new grooming table

looks good!

I have one question... is the fabric you use slippery or does it provide some traction? I have a plastic table similur to yours works great, but it is a bit slippery, especially if the dogs are wet, so i use a bathroomrug on it with a rubber backing. I wonder if something like your fabric would be better.
 
I assume she is using a Sunbrella type fabric. It's not slippery, necessarily, but I would still put a thin bath mat on the table to cushion feet.
 
Well I was inspired last night! I went to dollar general and bought a $3 tablecloth and some of that no slip shelf liner. I made a table cover for my grooming table(just a portable picnic table) and stitched the shelf liner to the bottom of it to keep the tablecloth from slipping. I made pockets and stuff like in the pictures as well. Mine isn't really pretty but I think it'll work.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7009/6647146237_1c28be3fdb_z.jpg
 
looks good!

I have one question... is the fabric you use slippery or does it provide some traction? I have a plastic table similur to yours works great, but it is a bit slippery, especially if the dogs are wet, so i use a bathroomrug on it with a rubber backing. I wonder if something like your fabric would be better.

The fabric I used isn't slippery but I think Rachael is probably right about a thin mat to cushion their feet.
 
On my lazy susan, I glued solid rubber no-slip shelf lining to the bare wood. It has a little bit of cushion to it, no holes so it is totally waterproof and slip proof (got it at Home Depot)
 
Well I was inspired last night! I went to dollar general and bought a $3 tablecloth and some of that no slip shelf liner. I made a table cover for my grooming table(just a portable picnic table) and stitched the shelf liner to the bottom of it to keep the tablecloth from slipping. I made pockets and stuff like in the pictures as well. Mine isn't really pretty but I think it'll work.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7009/6647146237_1c28be3fdb_z.jpg

What a great idea and it looks very nice!
 
Back
Top