Thinning Shears ?????????

if you buy a high quality pair of scissors that you want sharpened dog shows usually have a sharpener as a vendor there, however thinning are going to cost you more then regular (straight) pair of scissors. so if they are not super expensive I would say just get a new pair. You can tell when they are dull but cutting into a piece of kleenex to see (a sharpener showed me this). I just brought a new pair of scissors (not going to tell ya how much since im still in sticker shock:eek2:) but they are awesome and they come with a sharpening company contract. and the dogs are happy im finally using lefty scissors instead of righty flipped over
 
if you buy a high quality pair of scissors that you want sharpened dog shows usually have a sharpener as a vendor there, however thinning are going to cost you more then regular (straight) pair of scissors. so if they are not super expensive I would say just get a new pair. You can tell when they are dull but cutting into a piece of kleenex to see (a sharpener showed me this). I just brought a new pair of scissors (not going to tell ya how much since im still in sticker shock:eek2:) but they are awesome and they come with a sharpening company contract. and the dogs are happy im finally using lefty scissors instead of righty flipped over

Ok - just tried the kleenex test on my $20 Shopper's Drug Mart set meant for humans. It was not total clean cut, but it cut each line the first time. No sawing required. Did it shred a little on the side, yes, but I would expect that because they are not straight scissors.

Don't by $8.99 Walmart set for sure. They really sucked.

My assessment - for non-pro's, top of the line drug store quality is just fine. For pro's stick to the real thing.
 
yip if they cut that way on the kleenex they are sharp enough :) He told me that hint when I went complaining they werent sharp...he yelled at me because of course they didnt seem sharp I was using the wrong hand:lol:
 
Back
Top