Time for a hair cut?

I try to always keep mine somewhat show trimmed. I think they just look soo cute that way...Although with 6 of them it could be a full time job!!:lol: I trim Noah usually every 2 weeks...other wise he gets out of control!! I do their feet, ears and head. Even on my pets they usually get trimmed every month...although I usually have to do their feet every 3 weeks since they get dr suess looking!! and their nails get done usually every 10 days or so. I try for once a week, but its my least fav job so I tend to procrastinate till 10 days:lol:
 
In an ideal world, I would do feet every 2 weeks. I'm a little OCD about cute little feet! (Though, I admit that no matter what I do, Bentley's back feet look a touch grinchy! I will post about that later, though).

I did their feet a couple weeks ago and I'm getting the itch do it again.

I don't do poop chutes. I leave that to the pros. So that gets done every couple months. I wish I was brave enough to try them.

I do ear/leg trimming maybe every 3 months or so?
 
so far, Cranberry has had maybe two baths. he's been brushed regularly- trimmed paw fur and nails- nothing else. Callie gets brushed 2-3x a week, paw hair trimmed, nails peticured, poop chute trimmed etc. Cranberry is getting his first professional grooming on Sat- Callie is going too but she has already been to a groomer (different than the one on Sat). This groomer also has shelties so I'm hoping that all will go well :smile2:
 
In an ideal world, I would do feet every 2 weeks. I'm a little OCD about cute little feet! (Though, I admit that no matter what I do, Bentley's back feet look a touch grinchy! I will post about that later, though).

I did their feet a couple weeks ago and I'm getting the itch do it again.

I don't do poop chutes. I leave that to the pros. So that gets done every couple months. I wish I was brave enough to try them.

I do ear/leg trimming maybe every 3 months or so?

Grinchy sheltie feet! :lol: I like that!

Poop chutes are hard to mess up. Their tail is on top of it, so even if you cut too much nobody will be able to tell. I cut a little bit too much off of Smudge's fur a few weeks ago, but his bushy tail covers it up. :yes:

I'm not brave enough for ears or legs.....yet.
 
I trim Bailey's paws, ears, poop chute and thin her pants. I'm not so good with her ears yet, so I only trim a little.

I trim her about every 4-6 weeks. The fur between her toes get trimmed like every 2-3 weeks.

Her nails never grow! They haven't been cut in 5 weeks and there's nothing to cut.
 
I just trimmed Chase's ears because the little curls uncurled. :no:

I brush his teeth every night, trim his nails every two weeks, trim his hair in between his toes every week, and brush him once a week.
 
I just trimmed Chase's ears because the little curls uncurled. :no:

I brush his teeth every night, trim his nails every two weeks, trim his hair in between his toes every week, and brush him once a week.

what an awesome schedule :yes:
I bought the puppy toothbrush/toothpaste- maybe I'll open the package this weekend and get the pups started with that.
 
I trim Saidys' paws often because she is allergic to grass and the fur traps the allergens in at her paws and also because I don't like the way it looks when it's long, I call it "old man" paws. I thin out her skirt and business area to keep her clean and unmatted. I've done her ears once because she had that electric shock looking mentioned earlier going on and it's just about time to do it again I think but I don't go to crazy with the ears.
 
I rarely trim Tully - she manages to keep her fur maintained, just the fur between the pads, occasional poop chute. But Mr D often gets the clip treatment. He has hound dog ears so I trim them to make them look like they break higher. His feathers and pants often drag on the ground and in summer he ends up with a field of grass seeds so I often cut them back too. Hairy feet so I am trimming those every week and when he used to have big pants I thinned them in summer as well. But until recently (when he lost a lot of coat and it hasnt grown back) he was very heavy coated fluffy dog - and when I get a pair of scissors in my hands I just cant contain myself:lol:
 
Back
Top