Toto, I don't think we're in Novice anymore

That's tough to answer because I've never been in that situation. Ashley's response is probably the best, ask the judge for a minute to regroup. Some may allow it, some may not but you have nothing to loose if you ask.

I'm all bitter about it because we would have Q'd on that course easily.

It's annoying when things happen before and during a run and, as clique as it sounds, it's best to let it go and focus on praising your dog for what they did do then focusing on the annoying part.

I was running a Masters JWW run last year that was fast and beautiful on a very twisty course. We got to the weaves and, at about pole 8 someone crated less than 10 feet from the ring decided to collapse their metal crate as loudly as possible. It startled Edan out of the weave poles resulting in an NQ. This is my steady, consistent dog I'm talking about. Was I NOT happy I lost a Q because someone was inconsiderate to someone else running but it happened. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.
 
I hope she doesn't develop a fear Border Collies, since over half of the dogs at trials are BCs. I felt bad for him too. He was terrified. The judges this weekend were really, really nice and I have a feeling she may have allowed it if I'd asked.

maybe you can get together with some BC people, then she can have some positive associations with some black and white dogs.....
 
That's tough to answer because I've never been in that situation. Ashley's response is probably the best, ask the judge for a minute to regroup. Some may allow it, some may not but you have nothing to loose if you ask.



It's annoying when things happen before and during a run and, as clique as it sounds, it's best to let it go and focus on praising your dog for what they did do then focusing on the annoying part.

I was running a Masters JWW run last year that was fast and beautiful on a very twisty course. We got to the weaves and, at about pole 8 someone crated less than 10 feet from the ring decided to collapse their metal crate as loudly as possible. It startled Edan out of the weave poles resulting in an NQ. This is my steady, consistent dog I'm talking about. Was I NOT happy I lost a Q because someone was inconsiderate to someone else running but it happened. Thankfully it doesn't happen often.

I had a friend come and find me after and she told me pretty much the same thing you just said. Being frazzled and/ or upset about things that are out of your control will just take the fun out of it and it's not like this is life or death, lol. I'm just going to let the 2 Q's our first time in Open cancel out the bitterness.;)
 
that's good- let us know how it goes:fl

I keep forgetting to add that y'all looked good in the videos:pop

Thanks. I'm still a little clunky, but I'll take the Q, even if it isn't pretty, LOL. Echo was totally fine with the Border Collies last night. She's especially fond of 2 of the intact males:arghh:
 
Thanks. I'm still a little clunky, but I'll take the Q, even if it isn't pretty, LOL. Echo was totally fine with the Border Collies last night. She's especially fond of 2 of the intact males:arghh:

well, that's good that she doesn't have any issues - other than liking the boys too much:winkgrin:
clunky- we can't all be dancers and gymnasts- and you did see the video where I fell:pop:gaah
 
well, that's good that she doesn't have any issues - other than liking the boys too much:winkgrin:
clunky- we can't all be dancers and gymnasts- and you did see the video where I fell:pop:gaah
I did see it. I've fallen plenty of times in class, but no one has managed to capture it on video (yet). I'm sure someone will eventually. I'm clumsy. I fall. I get up, LOL
 
I did see it. I've fallen plenty of times in class, but no one has managed to capture it on video (yet). I'm sure someone will eventually. I'm clumsy. I fall. I get up, LOL

I don't think that I've fallen in class, I've tripped over some equipment, low spots in the field, etc but not all the way to the ground falls.
Gotta fall during the trial- then you'll have video:winkgrin:
 
I don't think that I've fallen in class, I've tripped over some equipment, low spots in the field, etc but not all the way to the ground falls.
Gotta fall during the trial- then you'll have video:winkgrin:
Maybe this weekend :wacky: I'll post the video when I do.
One of these days we should put up a thread with everyone's bloopers
 
Back
Top