Training treats for non motivated dogs?

Puppy crack (aka natural balance rolled dog food), meatballs, liver that has been boiled, cut up, and sprinkled with garlic powder, tuna fudge (recipe on this site). A friend in class used to bring a sock loaded with liverwurst to use. Nasty, but the dogs loved it. Generally, anything stinky, strong in taste, and meaty will provide results if any treat is going to.

Yes to all of these! I believe the garlic liver recipe is posted in the Recipes section as well.
 
Thanks everyone! I think I'll try the tuna fudge first (I have all the ingredients:biggrin2:). I'm nervous about the garlic though. I was told many times that it's toxic to dogs. But I keep seeing it in dog treats/food.:confused2: Is it just toxic in high quantities?
 
dehydrated tripe
dehydrated lung
dehydrated salmon...
tuna fudge

home cooked beef or pork heart...
fried liver
liverwurst

and don't over feed your dog, should be hungry to really create that drive lol
 
One treat that works for my nephew with his 2 labs is, hotdogs with cheese already in the dogs, I think maybe ballpark, cut up into bite size pieces. They went nuts for those.
 
Back
Top