Travel Safety

Here's my blog post with more specific information: http://corbinwooten.blogspot.com/#!/2012/06/car-safety.html

And yes, Cheryl, you're right. I have to think of a way to secure the crates in the back side. Problem is there is nothing to hook them to back there. I have more ratchet straps, just need to think outside the box I guess.

Randi, what about putting together a little tackle box of emergency info? I've heard people say they put stuff in the glove box, but I'm not sure if people would think to look here (or if it would be accessible in an accident).
 
Yea that's what I'm thinking... a little box on the floor behind the passenger seat that I can tie down to seat, so it can't move.

I'll have emergency papers and a slip lead in it, so they can easily slip in on Bailey and remove her. I don't want them wasting any time trying to figure out how to put on her harness.

Ashley, can you email me your ICE template?
 
And yes, Cheryl, you're right. I have to think of a way to secure the crates in the back side. Problem is there is nothing to hook them to back there. I have more ratchet straps, just need to think outside the box I guess.

You don't have tie downs near the rear hatch? Or where the seat goes down (at the joint)? I'm just wondering because that's usually where mine are. :) Usually, they have the anchors in the back for the baby seats. Somewhere. lol.

Now I'm curious where mine are. I think I know, but need to check later.

Oh, the ones in the back, in your car, are on the roof area. Probably to hold a child's car seat from going forward since the seats would be up. The only other two are between the rear seat cushions, which probably don't help if the seats are down. Hmmm.....
 
Last edited:
Yea that's what I'm thinking... a little box on the floor behind the passenger seat that I can tie down to seat, so it can't move.

I'll have emergency papers and a slip lead in it, so they can easily slip in on Bailey and remove her. I don't want them wasting any time trying to figure out how to put on her harness.

Ashley, can you email me your ICE template?

Good idea about tying it to the seat. Wonder if you could find a red one, or draw a red cross on it or something so it's immediately apparent that it's emergency info.

My template is at home, so I'll email it when I get home. Don't let me forget! :)
 
You don't have tie downs near the rear hatch? Or where the seat goes down (at the joint)? I'm just wondering because that's usually where mine are. :) Usually, they have the anchors in the back for the baby seats. Somewhere. lol.

Now I'm curious where mine are. I think I know, but need to check later.

I didn't think of looking at the joint of the seat. I know there are some D-rings in the very back but they are actually under the carpet and a couple inches in, so there's really no way of using them all the time because the carpet would always be folded back if we tried to use them.
 
I didn't think of looking at the joint of the seat. I know there are some D-rings in the very back but they are actually under the carpet and a couple inches in, so there's really no way of using them all the time because the carpet would always be folded back if we tried to use them.

Ah, those are the rings I'm thinking of. I believe mine are above the carpet, so obviously easier to get to.

I would say, they're safer than they were, so keep researching, but know that you've done an outstanding job. :)

(now I feel guilty. need to figure out where i can strap koji down at if my seats are down)
 
Back
Top