Trialing in the cold

I am attributing it to the cold weather, today was really cold compare to last few weeks and many dogs perked up but Che was not himself in the agility ring... all he wanted to play and herd every dog around, had this "wee... freedom" under his tail and kept charting his own course all the time... good news his set back with teeter is completely over, we did tried UKC competition height and no problem at all...
Che did this stint last time 6 months ago... yeah... he loves cold weather:rolleyes2:
 
Just don't forget to thoroughly warm Bentley up before you hit the ring.

I am obviously a big weather wuss, because those temps (and the ones ppl are listing) are COLD COLD COLD to me. I think the lowest it got for me while trialling was something in the 60s and that was low enough. LOL. Brrr.

Oh we've trialed when it's snowed outside and in the pouring rain too. One of the INDOOR places we go to keeps their thermostat set at 60 tops in the winter. I wear many layers ;)
 
Oh we've trialed when it's snowed outside and in the pouring rain too. One of the INDOOR places we go to keeps their thermostat set at 60 tops in the winter. I wear many layers ;)

That reminded me of one year going up to Thunder Bay, ONT in July. It was hot outside 90F but inside the obedience ring and crating area was in the hockey ring. Oh I forgot to say the ice was still there. :eek2: They just threw a layer of plyboard down and threw the mats over it. It was cold.

Thankfully being weird Minnesotans, we had all sweatshirts and coats along. Someone got a therometer and it was only 40 F degrees in the building. Colder on the floor. I put a huge fleece crate pad down under my 2 kennels and my dogs were toasty but some people didn't have anything and the floors of the crates were full of water from the dogs breathing. When I went to leave the crate pad was frozen to the floor. :no: I haven't been back to that show since. I think they have changed buildings though.
 
That reminded me of one year going up to Thunder Bay, ONT in July. It was hot outside 90F but inside the obedience ring and crating area was in the hockey ring. Oh I forgot to say the ice was still there. :eek2: They just threw a layer of plyboard down and threw the mats over it. It was cold.

Thankfully being weird Minnesotans, we had all sweatshirts and coats along. Someone got a therometer and it was only 40 F degrees in the building. Colder on the floor. I put a huge fleece crate pad down under my 2 kennels and my dogs were toasty but some people didn't have anything and the floors of the crates were full of water from the dogs breathing. When I went to leave the crate pad was frozen to the floor. :no: I haven't been back to that show since. I think they have changed buildings though.

Ooh that doesn't sound like fun. I'm not sure I'd want to trial over an ice rink! We did do one show once that was so wet and muddy that they kept throwing hay over the puddles but it just made it slippery! It wasn't a very fun weekend.
 
Ooh that doesn't sound like fun. I'm not sure I'd want to trial over an ice rink! We did do one show once that was so wet and muddy that they kept throwing hay over the puddles but it just made it slippery! It wasn't a very fun weekend.

Oh for sure. The preminum said that it was in a hockey ring. No problem, we had our local speciality in a hockey ring for years. It echoed a bit in the corners but nothing worse then the fair ground buildings. What I didn't realize is they were not removing the ice!

Atleast I had shelties who like it cold. I felt sorry for the short haired and toy dogs.
 
Oh for sure. The preminum said that it was in a hockey ring. No problem, we had our local speciality in a hockey ring for years. It echoed a bit in the corners but nothing worse then the fair ground buildings. What I didn't realize is they were not removing the ice!

Atleast I had shelties who like it cold. I felt sorry for the short haired and toy dogs.

Oh yeah, I can't imagine what the small short haired dogs would think.
 
Back
Top