Trimming ears

My big mistake was reading this post....by coincidence I was wondering the same thing. And then seeing all of those beautiful sheltie ears made me think what a horrible mom I am for letting my pups run wild in the summer and get lake hair....so I just spent two hours grooming and trimming my boy. His sister is tomorrow. :yes:
 
Before and After Lexi

Not sure I've done it to my liking. What do you think, experts?

(Before & After)
 

Attachments

  • Before ears.jpg
    Before ears.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 37
  • After ears.jpg
    After ears.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 38
Good job!! I think I would have left a bit more hair between her ears...or it could be the way she is holding them in the pic...either way though good job!! :)

I had exactly the same thought! I think you did great on the overall trimming. It's hard, ain't it!

The ears appear a little bit wide set, so I would let a little fur grow inbetween to fill the gap. You don't need it to get ragged so just it grow a little, and use your thinning shears to keep it shaped.

Otherwise, I think you did fantastic!
 
IMHO, obviously not an expert by any means, I mean, look at Koji's ears. I think Lexi looks great!

I am jealous of everyone's tip eared dogs. And of the lovely grooming they do for them. Maybe Koji will get a hair cut soon. Hehehe.
 
Back
Top