trouble with stairs

What meds is she on? Have you given pentosan (cartrophen) injections a go? These help build the cartlidge and can make a huge difference to arthritic dogs. Deska is on it and so are several older dogs I know with arthritis, I cant recommend it enough, it really is a miracle drug. Deska also gets metacam on an adhoc basis for his arthritis. Given her age perhaps she would benefit from a regular anti-inflamm to ease her through life.

I had been meaning to look up cartrophen vs adequate, because I thought they sounded similar. I found this article:

http://www.zimbio.com/Veterinary+Me...rotecting+Dog+Cartilage+Dog+Arthritis+Adequan

If cartrophen is unavailable here, in my opinion adequan is well worth discussing with your vet. Capers hind legs were extremely stiff early this week. She had an injection on Monday night.... And was running on the beach chasing Snap on Thursday morning.
 
what is Pepper eating?

I found that carbohydrates made my Cory's symptoms worse
we gave her canned tuna & green beans ( you can sub with chicken).
it helped to keep her weight down & the lower carbs relieved the inflammation.
later we had to use Deramax, but that gave her a couple more years with good mobility.
she lived to 13 years.

wishing you the best.
 
I found that carbohydrates made my Cory's symptoms worse
we gave her canned tuna & green beans ( you can sub with chicken).
it helped to keep her weight down & the lower carbs relieved the inflammation.
later we had to use Deramax, but that gave her a couple more years with good mobility.
she lived to 13 years.

wishing you the best.

She is eating diamond naturals chicken and rice. It has no corn or soy in it. I tried to switch her to raw diet, when she was younger, but her system couldnt handle it. I always keep my dogs on the thin side, she is 28 pounds and 16 inches at the shoulder. So definitly not overwight, actually she is a little too thin for me. So far she continues to have her good days and bad days. As long as she keeps having good days I am not giving up on her!
 
Back
Top