Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Tuesday!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Jams, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Jams

Jams Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2017
    Toby's breeder wasn't able to get a vet appointment till Monday, October 16!! So picking up Toby got delayed. He gets another week to spend with his siblings and other dogs.
    Meanwhile, I've got way too much extra time to go puppy shopping!!! Help!! I've got to stop buying things for Toby!! Lol So now I'm counting the days till Tuesday!

2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Awww I'm so sorry Toby's arrival has been delayed. Ah yes...shopping for puppy things lol, I remember it well. Initially when I met Pipers breeder I was expecting a girl so I started shopping for puppy but also girl things like a pink collar and such. It wasn't until the pups were 8 weeks old I decided on a male (the breeder couldn't choose), it was a good thing I didn't find that pretty pink dog bed cause I was looking for it :ROFLMAO:! I also had an ongoing list of things I HAD to buy before he came home...I bought a lot of toys he never even touched lol.
    Enjoy your shopping, lots of fun buying things for your new fur baby :)

ghggp likes this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh boy I know it's hard to wait! Just remember, quite a number of Shelties count cardboard toilet paper rolls as a favorite toy, and they are FREE! :lol:

ghggp and Piper's mom like this.
  4. Jams

Jams Forums Enthusiast

Sep 8, 2017
    Thanks for that advice! I have 3 put aside!! ☺☺

5. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    From the very beginning Minnie's best toy was a sock with a knot on and it is still :yes:

The first time we stayed in the cottage, she found a big slippers with "fake-fur" shaft that I had set aside to throw out - it is still a hit and still being killed many times especially when she gets a play flip :biggrin2:

The best toys are often the most simple, but I still look in dog shops - Minnie looks for other dogs :wink2:

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Jams and ghggp like this.
  6. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    Lee has a pair of fake fur-lined clogs that he wears to take Oberon out when he doesn't feel like putting on "real" shoes. Invariably, when thehy come back inside Oberon feels obligated to attack said clogs (yes, while Lee is still wearing them, even!). We've come to calling them the "sheep shoes". As soon as Lee takes them off, Oberon not only grabs one, but insists on jumping around with it, shaking it, and eventually bringing it to Lee wherever he is.

Hanne and Jams like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Layla fell in love with the little long-legged "bunny" at first sight when we brought her home at 8.5 weeks. She has a collection of stuffed animals now, from Amanda Panda, whom we got at the National Zoo, to "Snaaaake," a braided felt rope, to "Foxie," a big corduroy guy I got at a hospital gift shop. She chooses one every night for a brief game of tug. :yes: