Sandy in CT
Premium Member
Deacon went in for his 2nd shots (1st with me) 2 weeks ago - we had no issues. Brought him back today for his rabies. He is 13 1/2 weeks old - weighed in at 8 lbs 3 oz. He's running straight up the middle of the Bowling height and weight charts. Sunday, my normal measure day he was 10 1/4" at his shoulder. We go back in another 3 weeks for the 3rd of his series - because of his size, she wanted to go an extra week in between.
Remains a champ at night; he crashes sometime between 8:30 and 9:30 and then I've been waking him up at 7 although one morning I slept in until 8 and still had to wake him. He is peeing and pooing on command when out and seems to hold it real good when in the kitchen and dinette area during the day. Afternoons and evenings are yet another story - that is play time and the diaper comes on because it is pee at will time. He has made it a few nights though with keeping the wrap dry during play. His poo is pretty predictable except once and he has cried at the door a few times to let us know he had to go. So we are making progress and feel his tick sized bladder is growing a bit! I don't expect potty training miracles and am pleased with our progress. He spends time in his puppy prison in the morning and keeps that area clean 100% of the time. If I open the powder room door, though, all bets are off. Not sure if he realizes it is a bathroom or can smell odors in there although I have repeatedly cleaned with Fizzion (love the stuff Ann!).
He still has one undescended testicle but so did Brodie at this age and his didn't drop until right before his neutering so I am not concerned.
Remains a champ at night; he crashes sometime between 8:30 and 9:30 and then I've been waking him up at 7 although one morning I slept in until 8 and still had to wake him. He is peeing and pooing on command when out and seems to hold it real good when in the kitchen and dinette area during the day. Afternoons and evenings are yet another story - that is play time and the diaper comes on because it is pee at will time. He has made it a few nights though with keeping the wrap dry during play. His poo is pretty predictable except once and he has cried at the door a few times to let us know he had to go. So we are making progress and feel his tick sized bladder is growing a bit! I don't expect potty training miracles and am pleased with our progress. He spends time in his puppy prison in the morning and keeps that area clean 100% of the time. If I open the powder room door, though, all bets are off. Not sure if he realizes it is a bathroom or can smell odors in there although I have repeatedly cleaned with Fizzion (love the stuff Ann!).
He still has one undescended testicle but so did Brodie at this age and his didn't drop until right before his neutering so I am not concerned.