Wagonracer
Forums Regular
I would like some opinions on adopting a 5-month old Sheltie. I've gotten so much great information from this group... Is it possible to un-train bad habits on a 5-month old? Is it realistic, and not too difficult? Here's the situation; A breeder I've been talking to had personal issues that made her have a friend take care of a litter of puppies. She has since taken them back because the friend that was taking care of them didn't do such a great job (kept unclean). Now she has them back with her and they are 5 months old. They are crate trained and have been cleaned up but they do bark. Once seperated from a litter would a puppy tend to stop barking or bark less or is this something that can't be undone? Others I have seen haven't barked at all but they have been younger. Would any of you adopt one of these under these conditions? Thanks for any opinions...


but he is now almost three yrs old and is a good little dog. I even took him to the groomers and they told me how great he was. Now the barking
thats better but not were I would like it to be. i guess it all comes down to how much you want to do. good luck on what ever you do.