Venues

hmm, we just starting, so far Che did 1 UKC event and we signed up for AKC next day after his 15 month old. There is also plenty of CPE events around so I suspect we do those too. I know I am not competitive and could care less which title we get. What I want is the thrill of running clean and feeling of the team blending together into one.
 
Right now, Nike's just beginning his agility training, but I do compete in UKC and CPE with my AKK Eli. I would say that CPE's my favorite, the exhibitors are SO friendly in my experience, and I like the laid back atmosphere. Eli is just starting his agility career, but I'm very proud of his work especially in Jackpot/Fullhouse/Standard. Through the course of his Level 1 titles received, we did garner mostly 1st and 2nd places, so I have high hopes for him.

I'm hoping and dreaming that Nike will blossom in agility. The fast paced environment actually seems to relax him (vs rally or obedience), and he's got great distance work at home. Hopefully this will transfer over to class, as he's SO enthusiastic which is wonderful to see.
 
We are just starting in AKC. Not competitive at all. Just looking for that Q.

My daughter and Vinca once ran a DOCNA course. That was laid back and fun.
 
I mainly compete in USDAA, but once I get around to finishing Bella's ADCH (she only needs one more standard leg, but my work schedule has me off trialing for a bit) I am thinking I might force myself to go back to AKC and finish her MACH. I think she has the potential to be fairly competitive, but that I have gotten in the way quite a bit with her being my first agility dog. I also think jumping 16" has slowed her down a lot and I'm excited to see what only competing at 12" will do for her.

A few weekends ago we ran against Jen Pinder and her dog Taser. I'm not sure if any of you have seen this dog...he is amazing. And honestly, I did not see him make a single mistake. Anyways, we had to run right after him. It seriously looked like Bentley was STANDING STILL because of how slow he was compared to Taser. Taser's steeplechase run was 15 seconds faster than Bentley...and Bentley Qd! So in some ways we are competitive (we can Q, and move up at a somewhat consistent pace), but we are not going to amaze anyone.

You guys amazed me! :winkgrin: Bentley is a wonderful sheltie and runs so well for both you and your husband. It sounds like he is similar to Bella being the first agility dog that we may have made some mistakes with along the way as we learned ourselves. Sometimes I feel like I'm always having to work to reverse training mistakes made a long time ago.
 
Back
Top