Wall turns

Caro

Moderator
does anyone know how to teach the 'wall turn' - bouncing off the wall in a swimmers turn? We have a couple of months break from flyball while our club grounds close down and I want Tully practising the swimmers turn before she gets back on the box. She has picked up a lot of speed the last couple of months but because she slams the box she has started doing handstands on the box.
 
In my class they teach the box by putting a cone in front of it. so the box is actually a go around not a go to I think.
 
We have a few different methods at our club. One that works well is "hup over." Here is a you tube video demonstrating. They call it hup back. Whatev!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfN5_5o3Q2o

Another is to place a low jump in front of the box, but this really just teaches a nice high placement on the box. There is also using a T, which is what I do with Duncan.
 
Back
Top