Wavy Fur - Any Way To Straighten It?

This is true with Meggie and Cooper too. Meggie's fur is soft and straight, Cooper's is more coase and wavy. I'm thinking he may have been on a poor quality diet for the first 14 months of his life, so perhaps his coat will improve. Also, for a 15 month old male, his coat is not very full.

I don't mind the wave, I think it's cute!

Bentley's fur has always been fairly coarse, so it doesn't lay down nicely. On his sides it isn't as bad, but right down his back his fur goes every which way. It seems to help if I brush out a ton of undercoat, but the next time it gets humid (which is pretty much all the time here) it poofs out again.
 
I wonder if this Chris Christensen Coat Dressing that I posted on another thread might do the trick.

The only suggestion I have is a hair straightener! :lol: I can just see you do your hair and the pups every morning
 
Dog hair and human hair are made out of the same thing: keratin. And if you have curly hair or know someone with it, you very well know that whenever naturally curly hair gets wet, it curls. A dog's hair is no different. Water will not help.

There are certain products we use for the show ring. And if it's a really curly curl, then the hair iron can be used. But if I read correctly, I just skimmed and saw that she is not showing. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Cisco used to have a cowlick when he was younger :lol: It's gone now, though.
 
Back
Top