Thank you all. It takes so little to amuse me these days. Like I told my mom, if you go with Canine Partners, go online and they assign you a number, easy peasy. If you are AKC you just mail in what the breeder hands you, easy peasy. PAL, you have to really work for it and you might fail! I feel accomplished just getting her recognized.
It took two weeks & one day to and from all the way to California. The check cleared on Friday which was my tip to be watching.
We are set up for 4 weeks of Agility 1 -- then 6 weeks of Intermediate Obedience 1 (doing over since it has been awhile and she was Spanish-speaking at the beginning and missed a bit til it clicked) -- AND 6 weeks of Scent 1 at the same time as the obedience. There is one week it looks like we will have THREE classes in one week YIKES! If she totally digs Agility or Scent we will continue, but I see myself heading through Intermediate 2 and Advanced obedience and then into privates or small group for dedicated Rally work. Oddly, I don't need to win at rally, just score high enough against myself. But hey, get a dose of a high score or a placement and I will turn into a shark out for blood, I am sure. We have a lot of Rally events within 5 hours of my house North or South each year. I would be much more limited with Canine Partners so I am thrilled. Maybe I will have the courage some day to do Rally at the sheltie speciality shows!
It took two weeks & one day to and from all the way to California. The check cleared on Friday which was my tip to be watching.
We are set up for 4 weeks of Agility 1 -- then 6 weeks of Intermediate Obedience 1 (doing over since it has been awhile and she was Spanish-speaking at the beginning and missed a bit til it clicked) -- AND 6 weeks of Scent 1 at the same time as the obedience. There is one week it looks like we will have THREE classes in one week YIKES! If she totally digs Agility or Scent we will continue, but I see myself heading through Intermediate 2 and Advanced obedience and then into privates or small group for dedicated Rally work. Oddly, I don't need to win at rally, just score high enough against myself. But hey, get a dose of a high score or a placement and I will turn into a shark out for blood, I am sure. We have a lot of Rally events within 5 hours of my house North or South each year. I would be much more limited with Canine Partners so I am thrilled. Maybe I will have the courage some day to do Rally at the sheltie speciality shows!
