Weed killer

Here is another option...

  • 1 gallon white
  • 2 cups epsom salt or table salt
  • ¼ cup dawn dishwashing soap
  • Instructions
    • Pour the vinegar, dishsoap, and epsom salt into a spray bottle. Shake up until combined.
    • Let settle for 2 minutes then spray the weeds! Make sure you soak the entire weed with the formula.
    • Let sit for a day then come back and see them dead
      NOTE: Make sure you spray in the afternoon when the weeds are not damp from dew
I tried something similar to this a couple years ago. Seemed to kill the weeds initially but then they came back. Now I just get down there and pull them (they’re amongst my river rock).
 
Haha - I am the 'yardperson' so understand. I do it because I refuse to add harmful stuff to the soil but it is work and no, your yard person would probably think you're crazy to ask of him/her...

Yup, I'm the yardperson as well. I don't use any chemicals in my garden or on my lawns. I can live with some weeds, I even like dandelions, bright bits of sunshine that they are. :)
 
I can live with some weeds, I even like dandelions,

Same here, I pull and toss to my chickens - they love weeds too!

If you ever want total vegetation removal, get yourself some chickens! Hence, mine live in their run and get stuff given to them. They are not allowed to free range.
 
Yup, I'm the yardperson as well. I don't use any chemicals in my garden or on my lawns. I can live with some weeds, I even like dandelions, bright bits of sunshine that they are. :)
Much less negative talk about dandelions since the drop in Bee population. Works for me…I can now let my grass grow in between until the dandelions are done lol. Of course in my rocks I pull.
 
Back
Top