Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Westminster 2012

Discussion in 'Handling Chat' started by take4roll10, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I totally agree with Linda. It's a great experience all around and not to be missed for any dog lover. I'd go again in a minute. Just can't do it this year.

2. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

Someday I will go! I would love the experience....I assume there is a trade show as well, yes? Good for me to pick up on stuff as well......

Does anyone know if they will be posting video-replays of the events like they did last year? I don't think I've the luxory of watching it on Animal Planet at 8 p.m......I'm ready for do-do by that time! :eek:

3. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    My mom and her friends have their tickets. She has box seats....whatever that means :biggrin2:

4. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    Floor level seats??! or thats what they were called when I went..those are the good seats!!!! I was right above that level!!!! Just watching the group judging with the crowd is amazing and exciting!

5. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

In honour of the Westminster show, DH and I are watching Best in Show tonight as our movie. LOL! For anyone attending, great movie to put things into perspective!

6. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    It seems to attract the best of the best just watching that as a participant has to be awesome.

I have been on the track with a national champ a few times (and got slaughtered :lol:) and have to say watching them work close up was worth every moment. Of course in the dog world Sca is going to be world flyball king so it will be others watching us :winkgrin:

If any member is going to be on please be sure to post up so I can root for you over the airwaves.

7. Lightplum

Lightplum Forums Sage

Jan 4, 2009
    Rhode Island
    here is the link to live video feeds...http://characterchatter.usanetwork.com/wkc/show.php

Shelties are on at 3:55est.

announced today next year Westminster is changing...
    We start the day with an exciting announcement of major changes for Westminster 2013. Next year, breed judging and benching will take place at Piers 92/94 in New York City with group and Best in Show judging as well as Jr. Showmanship finals still taking place at Madison Square Garden. Entry limit will be increased to 3,200 dogs and will include competition in the classes for dogs that have not yet earned their championships but have won major points. In addition, Best of Breed winners of National Breed Club specialties will be invited to pre-enter. The top five dogs in each breed in breed point standings will continue to be invited to pre-enter. The show will be held on February 11-12, 2013.

8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Shelties are listed in the Judging Program as going at 1:15, and there are only 7 entered this year.

That is huge news about next year! Way more eligibility too. Should be interesting....

9. BarbV

BarbV Forums Celebrity

It finally aired on the "live" sometime after 5 p.m.

But only 5 pups! What's with that? 4 Sables and 1 Merle. No tri's (sorry Indy!) I watched some of the other herding classes, and less common breeds and the enrollment was up over a dozen or more.

I'm not sure I agree with the judge's choice but the video is so fleeting its really hard to tell.

10. dbrard

dbrard Forums Novice

Oct 1, 2011
    BC, Canada
    I finally saw the results today after I got home from school and was surprised to see who had won BOB. I have watched her compete at numerous BC shows!