Westminster Kennel Club

Don't give the BIS result -- I don't have cable, and I have to wait for them to send the DVD!!! :eek2:

Good luck, Chris. We tried taping it for years and watching it later, but unless you can totally avoid the TV, newspapers and assorted other outlets tomorrow, which we were never able to do, the surprise is spoiled! You might have to live in a cave until that DVD lands... :uhoh:

Mum's the word from here... :smile2:
 
For some reason, whenever I see the show, I rarely see them show shelties, except when they actually show the sheltie in the herding group. Why is it that there is so little emphasis on shelties? I wish they showed them more.
 
For some reason, whenever I see the show, I rarely see them show shelties, except when they actually show the sheltie in the herding group. Why is it that there is so little emphasis on shelties? I wish they showed them more.

I did like how the announcer said "Shelties are not a miniature Collie." But they did make some Lassie comments about the Merle Collie showing. :rolleyes2:
 
Thanks so much for sharing these!

I was not able to see any of the live coverage so am relying on the video's posted. The Sheltie video was disappointing because it never showed the final placement. I looked for the Herding Group last night but it wasn't posted yet either (or I just couldn't find it)

I'm about to go and relive it all again on the website. Not great but with your pictures, it sure helps.

I'm so glad you were able to go.

p.s. any idea why so many absent Shelties? Is that normal for last-minute no-shows?
 
Ok - I think I figured out most of the final placement by cross-linking back to the websites of the breeders.

I had picked one of the Shadow Hill's pups (being handled by the woman with the blond hair and white suit - but not sure if that was Star Chaser or Discovery.

I think the young lad that was showing the first sable got an Award of Merit? Yes? Good for him!

And I'm especially happy for Jesstar Affirmation - and least of some of Bacca's parentage is playing out!

Affirmation's Sire was Bacca's grandsire (Laureate Landslide)
Affirmation's Grandsire was Bacca's Great-great grandsire (MacDega Sausilito)

I'm so proud! Too bad Bacca didn't inherit the right genes! :rolleyes2::razz:

It's kinda like being related to royalty!
 
Last edited:
Ok - I think I figured out most of the final placement by cross-linking back to the websites of the breeders.

I had picked one of the Shadow Hill's pups (being handled by the woman with the blond hair and white suit - but not sure if that was Star Chaser or Discovery.

I think the young lad that was showing the first sable got an Award of Merit? Yes? Good for him!

And I'm especially happy for Jesstar Affirmation - and least of some of Bacca's parentage is playing out!

Affirmation's Sire was Bacca's grandsire (Laureate Landslide)
Affirmation's Grandsire was Bacca's Great-great grandsire (MacDega Sausilito)

I'm so proud! Too bad Bacca didn't inherit the right genes! :rolleyes2::razz:

It's kinda like being related to royalty!

Barb you make me laugh! Its funny how much they look alike both mark and molly (being half brothers and all) Even their little quirks are very similiar, its funny to see...I see it more in those 2 then my own. as my puppy Mia is actually Molly's Aunt. Mia's Sire is Willow Coves Wild Card who is Landslides sire. So it must be landslides traits that are strong and carring though:lol:
 
p.s. any idea why so many absent Shelties? Is that normal for last-minute no-shows?

The general consensus among the press corps was that the economy kept people traveling from distances away this year. I believe the entry deadline for eligible dogs is in December, so whether you are sure you want to go or not, you have to enter your dog by the deadline. Between then and February, circumstances for the dog or the owner can change, and the dog withdrawn--hence, marked in the program as "absent". With lodging in NY at astronomical levels, I think some people opted to skip this year. We also heard that ticket sales fell off this year...usually the Garden is sold out. This year, that was not the case.
 
Back
Top