Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

What games do you play with your dog?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Training' started by SheltieChe, Sep 23, 2013.

1. JacqueZ

JacqueZ Forums Enthusiast

Oct 4, 2012
    Akron, Ohio
    hmm, we do just about all of these. But hide and seek is our favorite. An unfortunate side effect of it -- when she's over my parents, while I'm photographing weddings, she wanders continously through the house looking for me, convinced I am hiding somewhere.

2. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Oh dear. I'm a terrible owner according to this list. We play fetch. We play tug. I don't teach to come by running away, I've always thought that was a bad idea. Tara likes the homemade obstacle course- A LOT! Annabelle plays fetch and tug. We have something called Slap Paw we play with Clara. We hit our hand against a bed and she pounces on our hand. Then we slap about a foot away and she pounces again. After several, her tail is waggling and she rolls over and it is time to rub her belly. This game makes her very happy. We also play Pick-A-Boo Puppy with her. And if we want her to come to us, we call out, Suuuperpuppy! And she flies at us.

3. melbell

melbell Forums Enthusiast

Feb 4, 2013
    Erie, Pennyslvania
    aww thats so cute!! Now I'll have to teach Ruu how to do the slap paw :smile2:

4. Tabitha

Tabitha Forums Enthusiast

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Sarah and Ida like to play slap paw too.:yes: It's so cute! Try putting your hand under the covers and playing chase with it, also scratch the covers with your nails, the girls LOVE that!:lol:

5. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    Laddie enjoys "Fetch" I have not played other games with him, he shows no interest in playing, he would rather play with our cat. He loves that animal.

6. Mom2Melli

Mom2Melli Forums Enthusiast

Oct 2, 2013
    Central California
    We call it the BOO game. My GSD x McNab if you say "Boo" he runs around up and down the stairs and round and round our sort of square walk-through upstairs. You can get him running back and forth and say "Boo" every time he comes round. Down and up. It's just fun. Not chase, just round and round.

Sheltie -- she doesn't play. Sad.