What kind of Treats do you give?

watch those foods with alot of grains

I know wheat can cause some digestive problems. Lady has never been too hard to motivate so I am no authority here. Some of the keys seems to be to switch it up and use lots of excitement in my voice. Sometime of the foods she likes are, cooked liver,(I just boil it) steak, chicken, hamburger,,,almost any leftover from my meal. (not fed at or anywhere near the table but saved for later training.)
Her very best motivator is the promise of fun. My main job in her eyes is to provide fun by way of throwing toys, taking her for walks or thru the agility course...even obedience is fun!
 
Spencer gets green beans, baby carrots and lettuce. For some reason all my dogs have loved Iceberg lettuce which is really only water! For Agility and Rally-O, I was using the Petco cookies already mentioned broken into teeny pieces or on occasion tiny pieces of hot dogs.
 
Thanks Again GeeRome!

For "snack" treats, Kongs with a variety of yummy things inside (frozen yogurt, baby food, apple sauce, etc. Or peanut butter) and bully sticks.

No raw hides or Greenies in this house. I try to keep all snacks as close to natural as I can, and safe.

For training treats, I make my own. Either Fishy Fudge or Liver Treats.
(For recipes: http://sheltie-hair.blogspot.com/2008/08/homemade-dog-training-treats.html)

Yesterday I made up a batch of Liver Treats and Sadie went crazy for them! She like them so much that she didn't even bother me in the kitchen for them! Instead she jumped right to obediently laying down outside of the kitchen door way as if to say, "See I'm being very good! I REALLY deserve some!" I can't wait to use them at agility!

I was going to make some fishy fudge also but my husband was complaining about the liver and garlic smell (I can't believe he doesn't like the smell of garlic!) so I'll make it another day this week.
 
Back
Top