What things have you taught your puppy?

I haven't really been consistently training like my original plan when we adopted him but so far he knows,
sit
down
give me this one (paw, other paw, and both)
he always stays in the position i put him in without saying stay
get in your crate
back up
get out
this way
bow
touch (touches had or object if i point at it)
get it
up (does a little adorable hop)
comes when called
figure 8
and im contemplating on next weeks trick to learn
 
Besides the regular Petsmart training stuff, the big one for me was Wait, so they will sit by the door and not run out when the door opens. I walk out of the house and around the corner out of sight. One of my pups used to like to dart out side, so it was necessity. I also taught them to sit automatically when we need to cross the street. Sometimes if they need a reminder I say to them, What we we supposed to do? and the sit. I am in the process of making my bigger puppy sit to be petted by strangers,most people like to help with that one! Thank goodness they are Shelties and learn quickly!http://www.sheltieforums.com/images/smilies/smile2.gif
 
Back
Top