When is a puppy no longer a puppy?

They say time flies when you're having fun! :yes: Smudge and I have had a crazy seven months, but it's getting better!

I think I'll buy a smaller bag of the Orijen adult dog food and see how he does. Smudge doesn't gain a whole lot of weight, but then again I monitor closely how much he gets. He's the perfect size.
 
It really depends on the dog. If they are done growing and starting to gain weight. They should go on adult.

With mine Justice and Diva couldn't hold weight on adult food. They are too active. They are both on performance now. Ember was on adult at 7 months. She was done growing at 6 months and she was not a wild child. I think most dogs need to go on Adult shortly after they are neutered or spayed.

I changed mine over at the end of the seventh month. She had quit growing and I had her spayed. She seemed to start putting on weight after spaying so I transitioned her to the adult. I was told that spaying would not make her gain weight, so maybe it was just because she had quit growing. At least in the upward direction.:lol:
 
Back
Top