When to fade out the pee treats?

I didn't really treat the others when doing toilet training, might be why Mr D took so darn long. But this new house is long and with me being disabled atm I really need her to let me know she needs to go and then hold on until we make it to the laundry and out the door. She was consistently using the pads at least but we just needed that last transition. And let me tell you, this little puppy came to me absolutely food obsessed, even the breeder warned me, so the treat seemed the obvious way.

I have been trying with the bell, but it did break today. And I'm trying to work out how to get her to ring a bell in the bedroom if we are there, because I don't hear the one in the kitchen from the other end of the house. Mind you, we haven't mastered the bell yet - she just taps it with her nose because I ask her too.
 
Pooping on the other hand is random times during the day - except for always first thing in the morning. I hope that will change when she eventually has only 2 meals a day.

I have the same issue. Kismet's getting 4 feeds a day and that probably does not help. But Tully has to be fed frequent small meals because of her IBD and it's impossible to feed one dog and not give something to the others, esp with Della's issues.
 
Minnie was housetrained so quick -I can not remember
she got anything but so much praise when she was peeing.

(Sounds weird, but I do not think so,
otherwise she would definitely still get a pee treat :yes:)

She still gets a treat when we are on our walks
and she has made poop and I have tied a knot on the bag :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
Minnie was housetrained so quick -I can not remember
she got anything but so much praise when she was peeing.

(Sounds weird, but I do not think so,
otherwise she would definitely still get a pee treat :yes:)

She still gets a treat when we are on our walks
and she has made poop and I have tied a knot on the bag :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tully was house trained quickly too, Deska took 6mths - basically when I put in a dog door.

At the moment Tully's getting treats on her walk when she pees or poops, she didn't always want to go with the dog walker but now she gets excited for her toilet treats! We're trying to make the puppy jealous so she will toilet on her walk too! Bet Tully starts to expect toilet treats tho.
 
Back
Top