Where did you get the MDR1 test done?

Does anyone know if there's somewhere in Canada I can order a test kit from?

I'm not sure if I want to ask my vet, I think she'll think its a waste of time.

I wasn't really concerned with Sadie or Ginny, who came from a reputable breeder, but I know Toby came from a puppy mill, so who knows.

He was on Revolution when I got him with no problems though...
 
Washington State is the only provider of the test. They hold the patent. It doesn't matter if the dog comes from a reputable breeder or not, they can still have it. My dad's dog is a carrier, and he came from a ROM dog.
 
It doesn't matter if the dog comes from a reputable breeder or not, they can still have it. My dad's dog is a carrier, and he came from a ROM dog.

Thanks for clarifying that, I should have been more clear. I realize that no matter the blood line, there's the possibility of being a carrier. However I'm good friends with the breeder my girls came from and know that they're not carriers.
 
I'm not sure if I want to ask my vet, I think she'll think its a waste of time.

Mine thought it was a complete waste of time. I asked for help with the swabbing, and I got a half hearted attempt at him swabbing Smudge's mouth. I came home and redid it myself. Next time I'll just do it at home.

I was looking at Aussies on facebook (on of the ladies we do park stuff with has an Aussie). Somebody had pictures of their show Aussies bragging that their Aussies were Mutant/Normal and how glad they were that their dogs were not carriers.

:uhoh: I'm still annoyed/shocked at that one.
 
Back
Top