Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Whew! Good boy Cooper! :)

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Wendy C, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Enthusiast

May 30, 2019
    Update!! The tree is still standing! Every once and awhile he takes a sniff around an ornament, but leave it seems to work. The tree skirt is still there and he hasn’t tried to take a nap on it. lol. On a side note still working on the “dishwasher issue it’s ongoing” . :). Can’t win them all!

Ann, Hanne, Darren and 2 others like this.
  2. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Benson barked and ran around like a madman when I brought the box with the tree in it in from the garage. He barked the whole time I was shaping the branches. He continued barking when I put the tree on the buffet. Turning it on--you guessed it.
    That was Dec 3rd.
    He hasn't even looked at it since to my knowledge.
    (Fillion and Koko? Napping of course)

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    well, you weren't playing with him while you were working on the tree- now it's done, he gets all the fun again :winkgrin:

Margi and Darren like this.
  4. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    I put my tree up at the weekend. First thing Monty did was sniff and then pee on it....After spending the day saying NO when he went near he has not done it again.....
    This morning how-ever he got over excited when playing, and used the chair as leverage to get a running jump at the tree....landing right in the middle. I think he got a fright when it all came crashing down so hopefully he will also not do that again :gaah:banghead: Some of the decorations didn't survive the attack though lol.

5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    First let me say I'm very sorry to hear your tree suffered a tragic accident.

Second I have to admit the image of that little ploof ball launching himself off a chair into the middle of a tree had me :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

KarenCurtis, Ann, Wendy C and 3 others like this.
  6. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    Ugh I really have no idea what he was hoping to achieve out of doing that,I had no warning! I wish I had taken a photo but it was all panic trying to untie the lights from him and clean up the broken plastic :lol: That little dog is going to give me a breakdown.....lol

Calliesmom, Margi and Wendy C like this.
  7. Wendy C

May 30, 2019
    Sounds like Monty is going to be quite the character! lol. We have a lot of glass ornaments on the top half of the tree so I would have been in a panic to clean up as well. The blessing is he didn’t hurt himself and as you said chances are he will give the tree a wide berth now. :)

Darren and Hanne like this.
  8. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I've got the tree in the spare room, I'll bring it out tommorow, see what happens!

Darren and Wendy C like this.
  9. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I am sure it must have been irritating to you, but honestly, I love little Monty's personality. Sometimes those with what we consider at first the oddest personalities teach us the most about life. For some reason that tree needed to be peed on - up to you to figure out why, Monty only pointed out the obvious - haha!!! I love your little guy!!!! We are well versed in living life with the unexpected here in our house- find the positives!!!!

Darren likes this.
  10. Wendy C

May 30, 2019

Good Luck!! Last night during his wild child mode Cooper ran up to the tree and put his muzzle right up to a branch turned and looked at us as if to say “should I or shouldn’t I”...we used leave it and he did.....he was just being naughty!! :)

Darren likes this.