Why you never slow down a fast dog!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
He bailed on the DW contact and entered the weaves from the wrong side and the jusge did not call it.

I"m confused. The judge called the DW and he entered in on the poles correctly.

I guess it's hard to tell what's so different when you don't see him before. I mean, the dog looks slow, and the handler looks inexperienced, but overall, I see a lot of this in Novice. Now, granted, if she's in Excellent and this is her best, yikes.

Would love to see the dog "before".

(p.s. I heard when Kevin let Koji loose in practice last week, Koji was jumping and running full out. I must be holding him back, lol)
 
Yes you are missing something.The dog was once a speed demon and had potential and this is the result of backyard training,Yes he is having fun but he doesnt make time and she is compeitive.

I posted that I thought I missing something too. But if she's that competitive, you're right, slowing down her dog was an injustice to them as a team. That tells me she's needs a dog who'll go at her pace, or find a better trainer. Scary. And that's what I was afraid of with Koji too.
 
I am with Caro on this one...as they say it takes 2 people to tango... few weeks ago I have seen very fast labs with mediocre handlers, they tried... and had some success... it would be inherently better if those senior handlers choose dogs that were in their ability range but agility is such a small part of life with dogs that it hardly matters...
and those labs were fast, better than BC times over
 
Slow dog

I am with Caro on this one...as they say it takes 2 people to tango... few weeks ago I have seen very fast labs with mediocre handlers, they tried... and had some success... it would be inherently better if those senior handlers choose dogs that were in their ability range but agility is such a small part of life with dogs that it hardly matters...
and those labs were fast, better than BC times over
Sorry,I don't agree with you.She wants a MACH and sadly it will never happen as she can not make course time.Given the right training by someone who knows what they are teaching she may have achieved it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry,I don't agree with you.She wants a MACH and sadly it will never happen as she can not make course time.Given the right training by someone who knows what they are teaching she may have achieved it.

Sure, but she still has a great little dog whom I'm sure she loves. If she still wants a MACH dog and this dog is truly "ruined" as you suggest, then she can go down that path with a different dog.

It's frustrating when we aren't able to achieve our goals with our dogs, but it happens, for a variety of reasons. Why mourn the "coulda been"?

If you're truly concerned for her, why not bring up your concerns to her directly, instead of critiquing her (and her trainer's) performance on a public forum?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top