Wow, met a Belgian Tervuran

Sharon7

Moderator
Just returned from our local AKC show, saw tons of gorgeous dogs of course. But one stunning dog stole my heart, a female Belgian Teruvan, who went on to win her class! You know how sometimes you take one look at a dog and it captures your heart? This happened to me with a photo of Brooke. And it's not just physical beauty, it is the EYES. This girl had the most soulful look, I was completely smitten. I did not get to pet her but I spoke with her a bit, and told the owner that I felt she had such soulful eyes.

There were probably 6 other dogs in her class, all beautiful, but there was that magic something about this one. I've had this immediate connection with dogs at the shelter occasionally, all different types of pooches. I guess it's chemistry. Have you all had a similar feeling/attraction to a dog? I wish I had gotten a photo of her.
 
We had a male in Deacon's puppy class - stunning dogs aren't they? We saw him again when he came to our Canine Good Citizen test. He was at that awkward stage, but when full grown and filled out, yup, he's going to be a stunner!

My trail trainer has an ex-bomb sniffer named Seek - amazing dog. He is a Belgian Malamois that was in a kennel down south - aggressive, considered 'unadoptable'. A friend of my trail trainer rescued him and brought him North as she felt my trail trainer would be a great fit for him. My trail trainer worked with him, he worked for the State of New York until he couldn't stand to be on the hard surfaces. He joins us for training. He is calm, impeccably trained, smart, one of the most unbelievable dogs I've ever met. He is so good with other dogs, retired from his original line of work, but still has a job!
 
Just returned from our local AKC show, saw tons of gorgeous dogs of course. But one stunning dog stole my heart, a female Belgian Teruvan, who went on to win her class! You know how sometimes you take one look at a dog and it captures your heart? This happened to me with a photo of Brooke. And it's not just physical beauty, it is the EYES. This girl had the most soulful look, I was completely smitten. I did not get to pet her but I spoke with her a bit, and told the owner that I felt she had such soulful eyes.

There were probably 6 other dogs in her class, all beautiful, but there was that magic something about this one. I've had this immediate connection with dogs at the shelter occasionally, all different types of pooches. I guess it's chemistry. Have you all had a similar feeling/attraction to a dog? I wish I had gotten a photo of her.
I was thinking the same, seeing a picture of her! I LOVE the look of that breed! Extremely smart dogs! My Mr. Chance was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!
 
Back
Top