Yes, a vet that ‘gets’ scared dogs!

That would be a vet I’d wish other vets could learn something from although getting down on the floor like that laying down is so risky when you don’t know the dog! My vet has sat on the floor with Finnie and done the exam when he was younger and more nervous about being there but she’s never laid down lol.
 
I am always surprised that people don't 'get' that towering over by a dog 1/2 to 1/10 your size isn't a great way for a dog to feel safe, secure, or comfortable.
I always crouch down on the dogs level to day hello, and if they are shy I just talk to them. usually they warm up enough for a quick scratch, but not always (there are some exuberant pups who don't give me the chance to crouch down, but they usually know me on sight)
 
Mine too, Teddy likes most of the Vets where he goes. They aren't totally happy about it (the proper answer is you get whoever has clinic duty that day) but I ask for the ones I know he likes and schedule his routine appointments accordingly.
 
Back
Top