Your top 5 grooming tools?

Good pair of blunt nosed short scissors (easier for me to handle)
Good pair of thinning shears (still need to get one of these)
good pin brush (the longer pins please)
good wood pin brush (great for the sensitive rear ends and underneath areas)
good nail trimmer (which reminds me, I need to buy new blades)
 
I had a curved shedding slicker. I think it was Miller Forge brand.

I had a pin brush.

I had a small Fromm scissors with a blunt end and slightly curved blade. I used that mostly for things like trimming foot pad fur.

I had a Miller Forge Pet Nail Clipper with Safety Stop Bar. (The stop bar helped me to clip his nails in small increments, so I wouldn't quick him.)

I had an undercoat rake with solid tines. I used that mostly to check to see if his coat had any snags.

I also had a big Scrub-A-Dub-Dog bath tub, and Dri-Eaz cage dryer.
 
BarbV, what are YOUR top grooming tools? Was just reading an old thread of yours and wondered what you ended up with.

This is the thread I was reading. Every few months I loose my mind as I go looking for the PERFECT deshedding tool to replace the furminator, which works amazing but my dogs hate.

http://www.sheltieforums.com/showthread.php?p=177088&highlight=Boar+Bristle#post177088

To answer Lightplum, first: Yes. I'm doing research for my store. I'm trying to find grooming products and grooming tools for the mid-stream consumer. Those wanting to do good, basic grooming, but not fanatics like must of us here on the forum! :lol:

Ontario Sheltie...my top grooming tools.....

No.1 - My Lawrence Tender Care Slicker Brush....I've never found anything that compares to this. It's cheap and fantastic!

No. 2 - My Dremmel Stylus 1100, of course!

No. 3 - And this is from you, Ontario Sheltie....my Conair Bikini Shaver...great for feet and ear trimming

No. 4 - My CC 35mm Oblong brush - its the pin brush that covers all fur condition....matted to blown

No. 5 - A plain old fashioned rake - I don't even know the brand name - it was just a cheapie I bought 15 years ago.

My back-up contenders:

- yep, I still use the furminator sometimes but only if Indy's pants are really bad, and I use it like a line brush, being really careful to only go at the undercoat and not the top coat (forget the furminator instructions, please!)

- scissors - I've spent $200 on scissors and $15.....I've still not figured this one out yet

- For basic pin brushes, I still like CC - they have good flex and softer heads, but an ergnomic handle might be nice....
 
Back
Top