Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Piper news?

Discussion in 'Rescue Chat' started by EJHUNTL, Mar 13, 2015.

1. EJHUNTL

EJHUNTL Forums Enthusiast

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Yesterday was supposed to be the trial day for Veronica Covatch and COSR?Sanderbeck. Anyone have an update on the status of Piper?

2. EJHUNTL

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Did some more research and it looks as though the court hearing is now set for April 17th.

3. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    That is totally crazy, but the court system is so good at changing dates and making people wait.

Veronica must be quite antsy at this time and wanting to get her dog back.

I hope she does.

4. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    The reason it was pushed back was because Veronica added more people as defendants. Now instead of just Penny/COSR, it's a whole bunch of people, like the director of the shelter at the time, and the shelter itself.

5. Jess041

Jess041 Forums Enthusiast

Feb 2, 2012
    Houston, Texas
    I also see that they did file a motion to permit an examination by the plantiff's veterinarian. That means Veronica is asking to have Piper evaluated by her vet.

6. EJHUNTL

Aug 11, 2013
    Ontario, Grand Bend
    Thanks for the extra information - don't know why but I can't seem to forget about this case.

7. Judyg

Judyg Premium Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.

I hope that is granted. At least that way Veronica will know how her dog is. That is if that actually bring Piper in and not another dog that is similar.

I just hope Piper is ok.

8. lasheltie

lasheltie Forums Enthusiast

Feb 27, 2012
    I hope Piper is microchipped & they scan the dog that the vet is checking. Not to be too distrustful but it wouldn't surprise me for them to try a switcheroo after everything else that's gone on.

Sure hoping this is resolved soon & a positive outcome.

9. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Part of the delay is that the rescue had people listed as board members who were not board members. They responded. This delayed things as new paperwork had to be done. The rescue is now trying to get their ducks in a proper row.

10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I hope that happens... glad to see that is now required!