Recent content by Vera Hallam

  1. V

    New and old pictures. Mandy and friends.

    Mandy and Benji (6 month old kitten) got their last shots yesterday, Mandy was hugging the nurse as vet gave the shot. Everyone in the office fell in love with both of them; of course. Lol Vet says he has no idea what my Mandy is; although the sheltie is dominant. Thanks to everyone for...
  2. V

    My Sweet Rocket

    So similar to Mandy's sweet face when she was little.
  3. V

    Hmm,

    Thank you, so much. I love what I'm learning here; would hate to leave.
  4. V

    Hmm,

    I see the Shepherd as well. It must be the sheltie part that is so strong in her that makes her do the herding, etc.
  5. V

    Hmm,

    Other people have mentioned that as well... Maybe I'm not on the right forum?
  6. V

    Hmm,

    I'm only saying what the owner told me... I keep looking for beagle.. Hmmm, not there. Lol.
  7. V

    Hmm,

    Ive been looking at other pictures of4 month old shelties and they have a lot more fuzz, is this due to the beagle cross? . You can see her most recent picture here; https://goo.gl/photos/8fogjMXKowrCnuuY8
  8. V

    Sheltie Puppy to Adult video

    What a beautiful video. Thank you for sharing.
  9. V

    Why should people join the Sheltie Forums?

    I've just joined 'Sheltie Nation'. When I have questions, I received clear, concise answers which I truly appreciate. There were many answers, with many options. I love reading the threads as well, they tell me what to look forward to with Mandy and how to enjoy the challenges that I have...
  10. V

    New and old pictures. Mandy and friends.

    Hi everyone, I read with great interest all threads that I can to help me on my journey with Mandy. It's been suggested to me by friends and family that I don't have 'the voice' which is why she's so, hmm, independent, lol. I believe a lot of it is being a puppy. She knows to sit, lie...
  11. V

    Ear training

    Ah, I see. thanks. Hmm lots to think about.
  12. V

    No

    I've tried the uhuh! She looks shocked, lol but stops barking. I've also been herding her away from the kitten, that also works. I'll say 'leave it! ' and she quickly backs off from Benji and patiently wait for treat, she'll then try to 'play ' with Benji, back off on her own; looks at me...
  13. V

    Ear training

    Is this ear gluing only for breeding or showing? Mandy's ears are straight up, like a shepherd.
  14. V

    Sometimes you just can't move fast enough

    dont ever think of letting him go... You're perfect for him as he is for you.
  15. V

    No

    Such a great idea!! I'd be herding her, so she would understand.
Back
Top