Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

2nd Annual Southern Sheltie Gathering

Discussion in 'Events' started by mbfrench, Mar 14, 2011.

1. mbfrench

mbfrench Forums Celebrity

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Gotcha! I will add it to the list.

2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Sca says to add "Food ME!"

3. mbfrench

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    Ahhh you might be surprised!

4. Toffee's Mom

Toffee's Mom Forums Sage

Aug 31, 2009
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    one of these years Toffee and I will do a roadtrip ALL along sown the the US east coast to visit my Jasper!
    We expect to be put up, tho LOLLLL

Please please please all the pics and videos you guys can muster!!!:biggrin2:

5. mbfrench

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    The room at the "Inn" is always available! You just let us know when,and we'll be ready.

Jasper sends hugs :yes:

6. mbfrench

Aug 2, 2009
    South Carolina
    An update...plus t-shirts can be ordered

Just a little update for every one that wishes to attend. I have spoken with Wayne at Shirt City,and he is thrille to be asked to do t-shirts again for the gathering.Shirts will be 8.00 as last year.

From here on until,1 week before the gathering I will take your orders.Please PM me here,with quanity,size you will need. Anyone looking to have one mailed,postal will have to be added.And they will be sent out to you.If possible,if your shirts can be paid for prior to the gathering,so when he delivers them,my bill is paid with him.

I have decided that the design will only be on the pocket area of the shirt.And in the banner,the inscription will read"

2nd Annual Southern Sheltie Gathering~2011
    http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...59006889351_1064379855_31589783_6892214_n.jpg

I have a pastor from local church coming that day,he is quite excited about being asked to do a special blessing,and I told him to get ready for "sable mania".....and also to see other colors of shelties.

Yes Sca I told him you are just so very handsome,so he is excited to meet you as well!:winkgrin:

The local news paper will also be here that day. I have also had several inquiries from other sheltie owners,that have taken the date to write down,and expressed interest in coming.Most recently was a lady & hubby I met at the rabies clinic hosted here in Cheraw,they had the prettiest sable female.

I will be putting a community announcement in our paper this year,as anyone that I spoke to locally really remembered the article that was written last year.So I do think it will get some attention,and we could meet other owners in near by towns.

Trapp & her were the only 2 shelties there that day,and they made quite the impression that day with other dog owners. (So well behaved) They made us proud!!

I have asked Barb,owner of the resturant if she could do a little bit of light catering for me that day with some yummy foods.I'm keeping it light this year for foods.We will be grilling,but I may opt to add chicken to the grill menu,if that is ok.

Special birthday cakes for the pups celebrating in July,will be done.I am working on getting gift bag contents already done,and bandanas will also be made for the dogs in attendance.

Thanks everyone~

7. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    :confused2: but I am a Sable

Signed
    Sca

8. granite

granite Forums Sage

Apr 6, 2008
    earth
    Sca this is Newton. You belong to the DARK SIDE of the FORCE.

9. Katherine

Katherine Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2008
    Charleston SC
    Good one, Janet !

10. Katherine

Katherine Forums Enthusiast

Aug 24, 2008
    Charleston SC
    I'm pleased to report that Marguerite, who is coming with me, has just gotten a second sable. "Skye" comes from the same breeder in TN as her other sheltie ("Boomer") and she is approx 1 1/2 yrs old.

Boomer turns 3 on July 4th, so he joins the others that have July birthdays.

Michele - I'll see Marguerite on Sunday night and come back to you next week with T-shirt orders for us and a few other matters.

Looking forward to it !!!!