3rd Annual Southern Sheltie Gathering!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joan (and maybe Carol) 2 peoples, max
Shelties: Justus, Bobby (and maybe Barbie and Junior)

Carol has to work some Saturday's at the hospital and won't know till end of the month if she will be scheduled for July 28. I'll update and let you know, as soon as I know. :)

I can bring a 3ft folding table, an ex-pen, and will have crates for my dogs, shameless beggars around food. :D

I can bring $$ for food, or stop at the local grocery on my way in ...
 
You'll have your camper,so I know you will already be stocked for travel, so I know you will be stocked for travle. And I know you like Dt.Mt.Dew.
Theres no need for dessert,unless you want to. I plan on doing lots of homemade cookies,brownies,a cake

But we will for sure have it here in coolers for you & anyone else. So no need to use your personal fridge ok.

It's on the list already. THANK you for the table,we are definately going to need it.
I have the white one you have seen already and another by Coleman that is kind of a table and benches though I would not trust the benches on dirt.

The fridge will be on so I can have dinner Friday and Breakfast/Lunch Sunday. And cooled water for the guys :biggrin2:

I was considering a honey apple pie but was not promising yet :pop
 
Joan (and maybe Carol) 2 peoples, max
Shelties: Justus, Bobby (and maybe Barbie and Junior)

Carol has to work some Saturday's at the hospital and won't know till end of the month if she will be scheduled for July 28. I'll update and let you know, as soon as I know. :)

I can bring a 3ft folding table, an ex-pen, and will have crates for my dogs, shameless beggars around food. :D

I can bring $$ for food, or stop at the local grocery on my way in ...

Brian & I decided that idea that Dawn suggested was a good one,and that was for everyone to contribute $12.00 (per family).

We feel this is a fair amount,and that will cover all food,beverages,gifts,bandanas etc.

If anyone needs my address,feel free to PM me. cost of T-shirts & hopefully hoodies will be an extra fee,and I will update here to let everyone know pricing etc.
Then of course I will be taking ALL orders for the apparel,and orders must be paid for within 2 weeks of gathering.

I hope everyone is in aggreement,and finds no problems.
 
Update~

If you would please,to those that have said they will be attending can you give me the names of all your dogs,and how many humans will be attending in your party.

Brian & I have decided, that Dawn's suggestion for donations was a great idea. As the gathering gets bigger & bigger every year,which we are delighted about! (you have no idea how exicted we are to host this)

The donation of $12.00 will cover all food,beverage,gift bags for every dog,bandana (hand made by my seemstress),special gifts for owners.

I hope everyone finds this ok.

I know in past years,some folks have brought special beverages for themselves to drink,if you could also include any item you are bringing regarding a beverage of your choice.

Menu is:
Hamburgs
Hotdogs
Chicken (yes it will be par-cooked) and put on the grill to finish it off.

Macaroni Salad
Cole slaw
Mac-n-cheese or cheesy potatoes I hav'ent decided yet

Assorted condiments
Fresh veggies
Fresh fruit in (watermelon bowl)
Rolls

Assorted chips & snacks
Dessert

Beverages:
bottled water
soda pop
Southern sweet tea
Tableware will be provided

I have 2 x-pens.One is a tad smaller than the other,but can be easily linked together for safety or sleeping of pups.

Again I stress: BRING ANYTHING your pup will need for comfort.
Everyone will have complete access to the house,and you are most welcome to rest your pups inside.
The porch is totally cooled for comfort.

I ask that everyone,please bring seating for yourself,I do not have adequate chairs for seating
If anyone has a table in tow they can share,it is going to be needed for sure.

I will as in last year,reserve a canopy from a funeral home,it will be set up prior to the gathering.

I will be talking to Wayne tomorrow,and I am going to ask him if possibly hoodies might be available for printing,as well as T-shirts.
When I confirm a yes or no I will update here.

I am going for one color T-shirt this year,if everyone is ok with that. It is alot to sort thru,making sure as it is to get gift bags done,and also we do ship T-shirts to folks that cannot attend.

I know I typically do breakfast the next day,this will depnd on my schedule,as I will be back to work by then. Will keep you updated on that. If it works out...breakfast will be served at 9am.

I keep it simple,Brian does the cooking,if you like you can stop in just for coffee & a quick goodbye before you head home.
 
Update~

I was thinking this gathering seems to be getting quite large and I am sure with gift baskets food etc. the price for Michelle and Brian is increasing each year how would everyone feel about paying per person say $10.-$12. per person. I know a few people volunteered to send money but i didn't feel it was fair to those people to send a large contibution when we could all contribute.

What are everyone thoughts? Of course we would also pay for T-shirts if we wanted them.

After talking with Brian last night,he felt that Dawn's suggestion was a good one.

So we decided that $12.00 was fine from each family that is attending. I hope this is ok with everyone.
This will cover our costs for all food,beverages,gift bags for each dog,bandanas,special gifts for prizes

End note:
i just heard from a forum member privately to my email,and she is coming with her 4 dogs,plus humans~ So that brings the count of dogs to an EPIC 26 dogs!

Fun,,,fun....
Did I mention Zoomies!!
 
Hartley, his Best Friend Winston, Winston's Mom Carol and I will be attending.
So that's 2 dog's and 2 sheep.

If I run into my other neighbors who are Sheltie owner's I will invite them and let you know if they wil be attending.

Let me know when you need me to send money for Carol and I.
 
Hartley, his Best Friend Winston, Winston's Mom Carol and I will be attending.
So that's 2 dog's and 2 sheep.

If I run into my other neighbors who are Sheltie owner's I will invite them and let you know if they wil be attending.

Let me know when you need me to send money for Carol and I.

Anytime,is fine. Thank you
 
If you would please,to those that have said they will be attending can you give me the names of all your dogs,and how many humans will be attending in your party.

Brian & I have decided, that Dawn's suggestion for donations was a great idea. As the gathering gets bigger & bigger every year,which we are delighted about! (you have no idea how exicted we are to host this)

The donation of $12.00 will cover all food,beverage,gift bags for every dog,bandana (hand made by my seemstress),special gifts for owners.

I hope everyone finds this ok.

I know in past years,some folks have brought special beverages for themselves to drink,if you could also include any item you are bringing regarding a beverage of your choice.

Menu is:
Hamburgs
Hotdogs
Chicken (yes it will be par-cooked) and put on the grill to finish it off.

Macaroni Salad
Cole slaw
Mac-n-cheese or cheesy potatoes I hav'ent decided yet

Assorted condiments
Fresh veggies
Fresh fruit in (watermelon bowl)
Rolls

Assorted chips & snacks
Dessert

Beverages:
bottled water
soda pop
Southern sweet tea
Tableware will be provided

I have 2 x-pens.One is a tad smaller than the other,but can be easily linked together for safety or sleeping of pups.

Again I stress: BRING ANYTHING your pup will need for comfort.
Everyone will have complete access to the house,and you are most welcome to rest your pups inside.
The porch is totally cooled for comfort.

I ask that everyone,please bring seating for yourself,I do not have adequate chairs for seating
If anyone has a table in tow they can share,it is going to be needed for sure.

I will as in last year,reserve a canopy from a funeral home,it will be set up prior to the gathering.

I will be talking to Wayne tomorrow,and I am going to ask him if possibly hoodies might be available for printing,as well as T-shirts.
When I confirm a yes or no I will update here.

I am going for one color T-shirt this year,if everyone is ok with that. It is alot to sort thru,making sure as it is to get gift bags done,and also we do ship T-shirts to folks that cannot attend.

I know I typically do breakfast the next day,this will depnd on my schedule,as I will be back to work by then. Will keep you updated on that. If it works out...breakfast will be served at 9am.

I keep it simple,Brian does the cooking,if you like you can stop in just for coffee & a quick goodbye before you head home.

So wish we could attend, but we're heading on a cruise in July and that will chew up most of our 2012 leave. Perhaps next year!!
Susan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top