4-day trial next week

VERY nice JWW runs, Cheryl. Hopefully the weather won't be too nasty today and you'll be able to finish off the XAJ.
Thanks everyone for the nice words about his JWW runs. I really was proud of him and his weaves especially. As you recall, we were having some major issues a couple months back, so I'm hoping it was either him just out of alignment, or him not paying attention.

I decided not to run today. It had been raining all night and although the rain stopped by this morning, I'm only going to imagine just how muddy it was out there. And I admit, washing him just for a MAYBE Q would have sucked. I say would have because we've never run in the rain really, so it could've been BAD, lol.

I don't know what got into Koji's head with the dog walk; it was cute though when it put his paws up on it and looked over at you. His expression was just adorable... annoying because you wanted him on the DW but adorable none the less. (I swear their ability to be so darned cute keeps us from killing them at times.)

I dunno Sheri, but I think it's why we keep on doing this frustrating sport. Because they look so adorable and cute and seem to enjoy it. lol. I'll have to go watch it again. Catch that cute face you were talking about.
 
As for the vendors. Ugh! I bought too much stuff. I bought a really cute zip up sweatshirt (great quality too) and a visor (not sure if I can post links so if you're curious, PM me and I'll send you a link). I also bought one of those cooling mats, hopefully it's not like my other one, where you get all clammy.

They had massages, photos (will see what we get later), all kinds of dog toys, treats, and accessories. Oh man, and most of them took credit. BAD! Lucky me though, I found a wad of cash in my purse (seriously, I don't recall what it was from, but I'm thinking Christmas), so I bought a few things.

What a great weekend though. I felt like our handling with JWW was 98% spot-on. The errors in there were mine (maybe not Koji dropping the bar on the double though). We were a team. And I'm really like Excellent classes because I don't have to do a ton of running hard, so I can manage my accel/decel cues a lot better, and I think that's why things were going smoothly.

Standard. No clue. I'll have to figure out what was making him so crazy. Too long of a wait (we had to wait about 5 hours before running it)? Gotta figure out what is up with his DW entry. Forget the down contacts, we didn't even make it that far, lol.

As always, I walked away knowing what to work on and what worked. I think my JWW cues were good and we worked well together (key word, together). Just need to work on other obstacles and get the same runs in Standard. Oh! The one thing I was happy about in JWW....NO refusals! In December, he was refusing a lot of jumps. Again, maybe he was out of alignment, but wow, big difference. Maybe it was my handling, I dunno. Either way, knowing I have to be perfectly clean in Excellent is nerve wracking and when it happens, very satisfying to Q.

Yup, I think AKC may work well for us (until I can lose weight and learn how to run full out and decel). No upcoming trials yet. USDAA maybe in April. I said I would do NADAC, so that's on my radar too. Until then, maybe just one more AKC JWW to finish up his title and then time to work on his DW/contacts and concentrate on Standard after that. I really think the 5 hour wait is too long for him.

Thanks for all the compliments, support, and advice. And for reading all this nonsense. :)
 
As for the vendors. Ugh! I bought too much stuff. I bought a really cute zip up sweatshirt (great quality too) and a visor (not sure if I can post links so if you're curious, PM me and I'll send you a link). I also bought one of those cooling mats, hopefully it's not like my other one, where you get all clammy.

I want to see your sweatshirt! We never have any vendors at our trials...and I've never seen any clothes. Of course beware...if I like it, I'll make you buy me one and send it :lol:
 
I want to see your sweatshirt! We never have any vendors at our trials...and I've never seen any clothes. Of course beware...if I like it, I'll make you buy me one and send it :lol:

We don't typically have vendors either. Or maybe just one, and you're right, it's not typically clothing. However, this was a very large trial. Check out their website for it www.pawsorobles.com We had agility including FAST, rally, obedience. We had a tracking seminar. We had barrel running, AKC's new game Time 2 Beat, we even had a rubber ducky race. And can't forget the raffle to raise money for the club. Lots of things going on.
 
We don't typically have vendors either. Or maybe just one, and you're right, it's not typically clothing. However, this was a very large trial. Check out their website for it www.pawsorobles.com We had agility including FAST, rally, obedience. We had a tracking seminar. We had barrel running, AKC's new game Time 2 Beat, we even had a rubber ducky race. And can't forget the raffle to raise money for the club. Lots of things going on.

wow- what a show- can't believe that so much was offered. Very cool :yes:
some of the vendors have websites listed- I thought some of the stuff was very cool :wink2:
 
Back
Top